Warnock confirms Palace want Rowlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
    Oh Pete please stop putting your SPIN on this. We've been round and round in circles on this and it's getting silly. We all know you value him as a player and there is nothing wrong with that and you've told us enough time that you feel there is no better player to replace Derry or Faurlin. Trouble is you're not Warnock and like I will continue to stand by Rowlands has been told he is not wanted due to the hissy that went on pre the Preston game. IF Warnock thought he was the best replacement for Faurlin or Derry then considering he is 100% FIT he would of played instead of Connolly in that position. You have to stop wearing your heart on your sleve at times and let go. He's dead wood now, he's nowhere near the player he was, he's becoming disruptive and he will not assist in taking QPR forwards. Therefore time to move on.

Ben Watson is also a better player than Rowlands too! If you want to argue about it then my reply will be LOOK AT BOTH PLAYERS CV... How many Premiership caps does Rowlands have? I rest my case.

Dazzer I cant take your Rowlands comments with any conviction.
    You will always be bias against him.... You have your reasons.

Comment

:rage:
      Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
      Could you go into detail about this?
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Jeffro my opinion of him has never changed. I've never rated him as a footballer in this division. I've always maintained he is a very good division 1 player but that's it. He can cut it in the Championship but to me he is nothing more than average Championship Midfielder. He's never once been in the team of the season and he never once won player of the month. He's only been one of our better players because we've had a poor side in recent years. Just because he plays for the team we all support doesn't mean we should get all emotional over it. If he played for another Championship club half of us probably wouldn't even know him from adam. He only made the Rep Of Ireland squad because they were getting desparate and the fact he has never played in the Premiership must tell you something.

We've moved on and taken hugh steps the last couple of years. Now we have 5x better players than he is in the same position. If you want to then remember his good seasons from the past, but that's not him anymore so move on.
        Last edited by Dazzer1977; 07-12-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Jeffro I have never rated him as a footballer in this division. I've always maintained he is a very good division 1 player but that's it. He can cut it in the Championship but to me is nothing more than average. Just because he plays for the team we all support doesn't mean we should get all emotional over it. If he played for another Championship club half of us probably wouldn't even know him from adam. He only made the Rep Of Ireland squad because they were getting desparate and the fact he has never played in the Premiership must tell you something.
          Dazz, before his 1st injury he was awesome, scoring, Wolves at home, Sunderland away, and back in Ireland team, and even last season before injury was looking good.
          I agree now he wont start ahead of Faurlin or derry, but to say he cant play this level or never hasbeen able to is ludicrous.

He has been captain under 7 different managers ; all them cant be wrong, and now 3 NPC clubs want him on loan...

Sorry dazzer he aint a bad player at this level.

Comment

We DO have cover for Derry/Faurlin. What about Tofas and Vagen Moen?

They are coming in to replace Legs and Rowly and there will be others too. In the meantime Rowly will only go elsewhere when the cover has come in/is fit. So I fully expect him to go in early Jan to make room for the incoming. He has been a great servant to the club but we now have to start thinking bigger and can anyone on here really see Rowly bossing the MF against the top 5 or 6 in the Prem?!!!!!!! That's why the likes of Watson or similar need to be our targets now. Please let's not be guilty of the "small club mentality" which McLeish accused his fans of last week! It's time to set our sights on bigger players with proven track records and/or bags of potential (a la Mr T).

Trust Mr W he has already proved beyond reproach that he knows what he's doing.
            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Dazz, before his 1st injury he was awesome, scoring, Wolves at home, Sunderland away, and back in Ireland team, and even last season before injury was looking good.
              I agree now he wont start ahead of Faurlin or derry, but to say he cant play this level or never hasbeen able to is ludicrous.

He has been captain under 7 different managers ; all them cant be wrong, and now 3 NPC clubs want him on loan...

Exactly Jeffro not a bad player at this level but we need to show more ambition and start thinking like a Premiership side and sorry but Rowly is not a Premiership player (any more)!
              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

oh martins not that bad, he would be great for palace and probably apround 10 other championship sides.
                hes just no longer good enough for neil warnocks mighty qpr team.
                read the same for our great servant cook, oh and legs and about 5 others.

Comment

Rowlands was my favourite player for years but we have to be realistic about this. We are looking (and some are expecting) to get promoted.

However I try to justify keeping Rowly, I just come back to thinking he is past his best. No fault of his own, he's just had some nasty injuries. We all complain about some of the players in the squad who are costing a fortune and are not contibuting to the first team.

Do we really believe that Rowlands could offer something in a premiership team that we all hope we will be next season? I'm not so sure. Its a shame but there you are.

Comment

Sir Les I know what you mean but we have to assess Martin on this season. Yes we need to look at all players if we go up as I could mention many players that will struggle not just martin.

I'm looking at our current set of players and I really think Rowlands could still offer quite alot. If Faurlin and Derry get injured then we don't have much cover. I love Buzz but he isn't a centre mid. Mahon hasn't been on the bench either so where is our cover? We don't want to break up the centre back pairing of Connors and Gorkks so I don't see Connors playing centre mid as the answer. If we bring in some quality then I would say that Rolly should move on but if you assess him to what we currently have then IMHO he is pushing for a 1st team start. Not going to question Neil but Martin Rowlands is a very good championship player and if he can come back from what was a very serious injury then he would be a welcomed addition.

Comment

FINALLY WE AGREE. My point exactly Jeffro; he ain't a bad player at this level. However now Jeffro we have probably two of the best players in this division at this level in Taarabt and Faurlin. Derry is probably given his performances in the top 10 best midfielders.

(I have put Taarabt in there as a midfielder because I see him there more than as a forward FYI)

Comment

FINALLY WE AGREE. My point exactly Jeffro; he ain't a bad player at this level. However now Jeffro we have probably two of the best players in this division at this level in Taarabt and Faurlin. Derry is probably given his performances in the top 10 best midfielders.

(I have put Taarabt in there as a midfielder because I see him there more than as a forward FYI)
                        Dazzer we always agree... I am better than you at golf... There we go, another thing we agree on!!

Comment

F*** me Jeffro, you actually play golf with Dazzer???!!!! I couldn't think of worse company!

Comment

Haha, weare, I have beaten him on the famous 17th hole at the belfry, you know the one where you either attack the plop or bottle it..

Well Dazzer fluffed his tee shot, pulled out this stupid recovery club he has, then took 3 shots to get where i got in 2.

My mate Dan turned him over too...

Good lad but no good at golf.

Comment

Thats not the 17th mate.

You are thinking of the 10th hole.

Par 4 which is just over 300 yards. You need to fad it to get over the water onto the green but also bunkers surrounding. Great hole. I laid up and found a bunker with my 2nd shot.

Great picturess hole, that and the 18th are just great holes.

Comment

if rowlands does go to palace and stays fit he would be a good signing for them. him and danns in the middle.. but i rate him enough as cover for faurlin and derry. was VERY surprised considering we was playing the worst team in the league and NW didnt choose rowlands over MC.

those rumours of a rift with warnock regarding going to paladini might be true.. which is a shame.. because if rowly did that i wouldnt be happy either. understand you want to play but work hard and try to impress? i mean leon clarke for me is now ahead of ephraim. which two month ago clarke wasnt wanted.. even by me!
                                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X