Jay Simpson At Hull This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Simpson At Hull This Weekend

Always rated him, but yet another masterstroke decision by Warnock. Cannot hit a brn door for Hull City and rated worse than Vine by there own fans.

How do you think he will do against us ? Are you surprised he had failed to do well at Hole
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

i like jay.. played his part in firing us to 4th and keeping us up.

wouldnt be against having him on our bench as an impact sub..

however one criticism is that he goes missing and rely's on service to get into a game..
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

To be fair at QPR even last season he had better players around him compared to Hull City. Apart from Koren Hull dont have anything.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Always rated him, but yet another masterstroke decision by Warnock. Cannot hit a brn door for Hull City and rated worse than Vine by there own fans.

How do you think he will do against us ? Are you surprised he had failed to do well at Hole
        No I am not, something missing, can't put my finger on it.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Very good if he gets the service, ball to feet, and in the right place at the right time, but doesn't go and get the ball or bring others into play.
          As someone said, he had better service with us than he'll get with Hull.
          So his goalscoring is always going to be opportunist in the worst sense of the word.
          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

terrible player. another safe bet of no goals against us like blackstock at forest.
            god we really have had some pish poor forwards in the last few years.
            we have gone from the best evers to the worst evers in a couple of decades.
            hows that work and will we ever rectify the problem, god i hope so.

Comment

Wwwhhhooooooo ? ? ?

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                something missing, can't put my finger on it.
                Know what you mean.

Always struck me as a bit lazy, but I don't think its deliberate.
                As a striker you are expected to make the runs into space, and get the timing right to lose your marker at the same time as the ball is played up to you, but he tended to chase the ball when played into the space and mostly come off second best because he never 'stole a yard'. Imo he is too easily marked out of a game.
                As an Arsenal academy player he must have shown high ability in the past, and maybe with the right coach it could came back, but he looks disinterested at times.
                I oftern thought he might be better wide, in a sort of Lennon/Wright-Philips position.
                Last edited by Gerryhatrick; 01-12-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Really ? I thought he did ok for us.

He was on soccer am a few back and the question was asked about him coming to QPR full time.Seemed he would have wanted to, but it just didn,t happen.Didn't #### us off, quite likes us still, thought he did reasonable job.

I for one will clap him at Loftus Road.

Comment

Thought he was ok but seems to have gone backwards this season admitedlly in a crap side. Agree wit hthe above though something is missing from his game that stops him being a decent striker!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Never rated him. Glad we never signed him. Way too overpriced. £500k was too much money for the lad. We were desperate at the time when we signed and he was all that was available who wanted to come. Every goal he scored was nothing special and he missed more than he scored. Sorry Pete but with some of you comments today I am struggling to understand what game you watch on a Saturday afternoon?

Comment

Just our luck for him to score against us.

Comment

u know he will score against us now

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                            u know he will score against us now
                            spot on! and he will
                            he is from arsenal school, expecting passes and ball on the floor not the hull hoofball, QPR at least play like arsenal sometimes. we dnt see too much hoofball in our games.

Comment

Working...
                            X