Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would bringing in another striker unsettle the squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would bringing in another striker unsettle the squad?

Helguson
    Hulse
    Smith
    Agymang
    Mackie
    Clarke
    Vine
    Balanta
    German

All these are on our books or loaned out. We have an unbelievable goal difference and in my living memory can't recall us ever being as free scoring. There is a real team spirit and harmony in the squad. Even fringe players like Agymang is playing his part. We are clearly better defensively than all the division has to offer and the whole team is scoring goals for fun!

Helguson, Hulse and Smith have barely hit form this season. They have got so much more to show individually this season. If the club brings in another forward it could unbalance the squad and affect morale at a time when we are clearly running away with the division.

If it's not broke don't fix it.

Mackie and smith play in midfield,and how many goals in total have been scored from the rest of your list,very few from 19 games,so yes we do and yes we will in January ,bet my house on it,NW will bring in another striker

Comment

And we are NOT clearly running away with this division,what a statement to make in November

Comment

Mackie and Smith could do a job up front. The fact that the strikers we do have haven't yet hit top form suggests to me that when they do we can sit back and light the biggest fattest cigar ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          And we are NOT clearly running away with this division,what a statement to make in November

Leave off. Have you seen us play this season? We are Gonna win the title at a canter.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
            Leave off. Have you seen us play this season? We are Gonna win the title at a canter.
            I doubt we will win at a canter - this is still a very hard league.

I don't think a new striker would unsettle squad. NW is strong enough to sort.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              Mackie and smith play in midfield,and how many goals in total have been scored from the rest of your list,very few from 19 games,so yes we do and yes we will in January ,bet my house on it,NW will bring in another striker
              Pretty obvious, to be fair.

And we've scored a lot of goals as a team, so I disagree there.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                Pretty obvious, to be fair.

And we've scored a lot of goals as a team, so I disagree there.
                As a team YES,but this thread is about our available strikers only

Comment

From that list, only Hulse and Helguson are first choice forwards in our formation, with Agy and Clarke only coming off the bench.

Also, Hulse and Helguson are similar players - target men. We need a pacey, on the floor striker (or 2).

But I understand your concern. It's something Neil Warnock will know how to deal with, though. I guess every player wants to play in a winning side, so if he brings in another striker it will add to the competition for places.

Smith was made to wait for his opportunity, and that was to replace Ephraim, a much less experienced player. So on that basis, if another face was to arrive in the form of a striker, at least the players can rest assured that if they keep performing they will keep their place in the team.
                  Last edited by Minty; 29-11-2010, 11:22 AM.
                  Be nice to Minty

Comment

to say that Helguson hasn't hit top form is wide of the mark - he's been phenomenal this season in my opinion - everything you'd want from a target man and more.

it's not just about the goals, it's the work rate, the harrying the defenders and bringing the goal scoring midfielders into play, and he's done it magnificently...
                    RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

We need a small pacey striker just to give us something different if needed. Hulse and Helguson are too alike (in the sense that they're both injury prone as well) and Agyemang is just an impact sub, we need a goal scoring machine on our books.
                      http://twitter.com/#!/DBehar3

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        to say that Helguson hasn't hit top form is wide of the mark - he's been phenomenal this season in my opinion - everything you'd want from a target man and more.

it's not just about the goals, it's the work rate, the harrying the defenders and bringing the goal scoring midfielders into play, and he's done it magnificently...

Comment

Working...
                        X