Bothroyd & Bellamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothroyd & Bellamy

OK, so in the cold light of day and hyperthetically like (and putting aside any personal dislike of the midget Welsh whining windbag) -

Would you swap them for Hulse & Mackie ?

I would, every day of the week.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

On paper, me too, but if there were any concerns about Taarabt & Mackies little spat last week, imagine if it was Taarabt & Bellamy ?

That said, I reckon B&B will be more prolific than H&M.

Comment

ok, I was talking pure ability.....Bellend is a disruptive influence sometimes.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I wouldnt as I think it would change the dynamics of the team and sprit as i dont think in this part of thier character would fit in. For skill and talent then yes, but we saw last year you need alot more than that.

examples:

Bellend likes to be center of attention, and i think would clash with Adel but unlike Adel he is not a likeable guy and is not one the team i think would be willing to put up with the tantrums. If you look back on his playing career apart from Norwich he has never stayed around that long and has never been far from trouble. Adel even though he drives the team crazy on occassions, he is a nice guy and his peers off the pitch like him. This means they repect him and give him the breathing space needed.

Boothroyd: Again better technicaly than Hulse, but i question his temprement as i have seen him sulk in games and disapear. Also i am not sure he gives the physical presence that Hulse gives. He is however a more team player, and often will pass to a team mate in a better postion on occassions.

If i had to choses one, it would bothroyd, Bellend can stay as far away from Loftus Road as possible as i think with Adel he will do more damage than good, but without Adel, we have room for another BIG EGO.

Oh yes i said yesterday that there goal was onside.... just like to say i am as blind as a dart plyer who has his eye ball removed with a hot poker stick, as if you watch it again Bellend was infront of the ball and in front of the last defender (look at the lines made by the pitch). Therefore i bow to all of you that said it was offside as you were correct. Appolisge all

Just my thoughts
          Last edited by Bigears; 28-11-2010, 12:05 PM.
          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Bothroyd yes but Bellamy I think is a moody player and somethimes argues more than concentrating on the game.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Bothroyd Yes, Bellamy only yes if we didnt have adel. Bellamy is a quality player his movement was so good yesterday. Should be in the Prem.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                OK, so in the cold light of day and hyperthetically like (and putting aside any personal dislike of the midget Welsh whining windbag) -

Would you swap them for Hulse & Mackie ?
                F**k yeah!!!!

We'd have this league won already with those two - or even Bothroyd on his jack

Comment

Bellamy will score plenty of goals as this level. His pace is lethal.

Strange question.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Great piece of reasoning Bigears. I can't argue with any of that other than a hunch that B&B would score more over the whole season and it remove them from Cardiff's side would probably screw up their challenge, thus making it easier for us. But all hyperthetical as it won't happen.

Regards Bellamy being offside. I thought so at the time, but having had the benefit of TV last night, I'm not so sure. Very difficult to see for sure from either of the 2 poor angles they showed.
                    But I couldn't see Bothroyd & Bellamy & Defender all at the same time when the ball was played. By the time it reached Bellamy, he appeared off, but not sure when the ball was kicked, he 'may' have been level.

Never mind, we won. 3 points in the bag.

Comment

100% yes.

Comment

We proved by beating Cardiff that we wouldn't need any of there players and Hulse played better than Boothroyd on the day.

Saying that, of the two Boothroyd would be a great addition to QPR.

He has changed agents and setting up a move in January to the premiership
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Bellamy has got 3 goals all season, his movement was good but all he does is moan moan moan. Can see why Mancini told him to **** off.

I would probably say at this level and for what Warnock wants (hard work, good effort etc) then no but when we get to the Prem then yes. Most will disagree but oh well
                          CHAMPIONS
                          Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Not entirely convinced Hulse was better than Bothroyd.

Bothroyd set up a goal.
                            Hulse did well, very well, but over the season would he score more goals than England's Welsh wonder ? Probably not.

And beating Cardiff doesn't PROVE anything long term (lovely short term though).
                            Plus purely hyperthetical anyway.

I notice you didn't make it to Q block Peter ?

Comment

they would be great additions mainly bothroyd.
                              bellamy moans and fight with teamates too much and getting older and his physical looks like shrinking.. if he accepts to play the last 10 mins then no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X