Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report on training ground day...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report on training ground day...........

Well back from a very cold and wet day at Harlington. We were greeted by Joe Kyle who gave us a run through of the day. To be honest, anyone could have just turned up! A very lax registration process. Lots of people you recognise from away games, but certainly quite a number who I have never seen at an away game. We were told there was a surprise..............a reserve game against Wycombe at 1pm!

The training session started around half 10 with only about 10 players from the last game. Tarabat didn't train, but was hanging about. Did not see Buzsackey or Walker. Helguson was just wandering about.

The session itself was very basic which just saw players getting laid off and having shots at goal. Hulse looked very good and sharp. Cerny made a number of good saves.

It was interesting to see that Keith Curle does the coaching. Warnock came with a brolly towards the end of the session and barked out a few orders.

The players then came in around 12.15 for their lunch. Then the only players to come into the area where we had our lunch (sarnies) were Connolly, Hogan, Gorks, Hulse, Faurlin, Cook, Bircham and Derry.

We were then given a tour of the training ground by Warnock's PA. We were in the changing rooms where Mahon and yes, that man Fitz Hall had come in early from the reserve game as they were injured! There was a bit of banter to see Hall injured again. How he is captain, I don't know. We then saw the laundry room, kit room, treatment room (Fitz Hall's room), boot room, gym and where the coaches have their own private area. Players are not allowed in here unless Warnock asks them to come for a chat. We bumped into Mackie and Orr.

Warnock spoke to us at the end of the training session and he said he couldn't stay long as he was off to a meeting with Bernie and Flavio! That should be interesting!

The ressie game was pretty rubbish and we left during the 2nd half. We were 1 up through Agymang, but we missed a load of chances and were generally very poor. Leigterwood was very poor to watch.

A good day all round, but yet again the players didn't really seem to know what was going on and many of them just left after their own lunch and the guys at QPR were trying to get them to come in. Would have been nice to see people like Helguson, Tarabat, Kenny and Hill. Fair play to the players that came for a chat. All very friendly.

You can really tell that we need our own training ground. It looks very dilapidated inside.

I only wish that the club organised these things a bit better to guarantee the players all come, even if it is for 15 mins. They only train for just over an hour or so!

Sorry if i have missed anything out..........let's just hope the club work on actually guaranteeing all the players come at events like these!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had fun and did you manage to follow Neil into the meeting with Flavio & Bernie and hide?

Aggey scored which is a good thing, at least he knows where the goal is again. He might be the super sub we've been looking for this season.

Comment

Great report. Cheers.

Not surprised Bircham and Cook were among them who came for a chat.

Comment

yea - Birch is a fan, I think that's got a lot do do with that.

The life of a footballer hey!! Someone teeing up some shots for you, lunch, then home to spend some money and play with yourself. (On FIFA11 I mean! :pleasantsuprise: )
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          Well back from a very cold and wet day at Harlington. We were greeted by Joe Kyle who gave us a run through of the day. To be honest, anyone could have just turned up! A very lax registration process. Lots of people you recognise from away games, but certainly quite a number who I have never seen at an away game. We were told there was a surprise..............a reserve game against Wycombe at 1pm!

The training session started around half 10 with only about 10 players from the last game. Tarabat didn't train, but was hanging about. Did not see Buzsackey or Walker. Helguson was just wandering about.

The session itself was very basic which just saw players getting laid off and having shots at goal. Hulse looked very good and sharp. Cerny made a number of good saves.

It was interesting to see that Keith Curle does the coaching. Warnock came with a brolly towards the end of the session and barked out a few orders.

The players then came in around 12.15 for their lunch. Then the only players to come into the area where we had our lunch (sarnies) were Connolly, Hogan, Gorks, Hulse, Faurlin, Cook, Bircham and Derry.

We were then given a tour of the training ground by Warnock's PA. We were in the changing rooms where Mahon and yes, that man Fitz Hall had come in early from the reserve game as they were injured! There was a bit of banter to see Hall injured again. How he is captain, I don't know. We then saw the laundry room, kit room, treatment room (Fitz Hall's room), boot room, gym and where the coaches have their own private area. Players are not allowed in here unless Warnock asks them to come for a chat. We bumped into Mackie and Orr.

Warnock spoke to us at the end of the training session and he said he couldn't stay long as he was off to a meeting with Bernie and Flavio! That should be interesting!

The ressie game was pretty rubbish and we left during the 2nd half. We were 1 up through Agymang, but we missed a load of chances and were generally very poor. Leigterwood was very poor to watch.

A good day all round, but yet again the players didn't really seem to know what was going on and many of them just left after their own lunch and the guys at QPR were trying to get them to come in. Would have been nice to see people like Helguson, Tarabat, Kenny and Hill. Fair play to the players that came for a chat. All very friendly.

You can really tell that we need our own training ground. It looks very dilapidated inside.

I only wish that the club organised these things a bit better to guarantee the players all come, even if it is for 15 mins. They only train for just over an hour or so!

Sorry if i have missed anything out..........let's just hope the club work on actually guaranteeing all the players come at events like these!
          Was Lee Cook fit and training mate?

Comment

He took part in some of the training. Someone said he might be back in a month or so.

Also, in the ressie game, Leon Clarke was wearing a scarf! That is a joke!
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Wearing a scarf?? LOL
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

He took part in some of the training. Someone said he might be back in a month or so.

Also, in the ressie game, Leon Clarke was wearing a scarf! That is a joke!
                Ah bless

Comment

Warnock spoke to us at the end of the training session and he said he couldn't stay long as he was off to a meeting with Bernie and Flavio!
                  Oh god

Comment

Great report Dave

Comment

I'm dissapointed Gianni didn't engage in fellatio with every fan that attended.

Thought he was Mr.Fan Personality now?

Shocking.
                      I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                        I'm dissapointed Gianni didn't engage in fellatio with every fan that attended.

Thought he was Mr.Fan Personality now?

Shocking.
                        lol

Comment

your lucky vic has had his op otherwise you wouldnt have got any sarnies

Comment

Any ideas who trialists were?....Thanks for update

Comment

So Adel wasn't practising free kicks then (but then of course why would he need to)
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X