Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Younger QPR Kids Set Up

How can we go about improving it?

I have a mate who has a young kid (think its under 11's) who not only got stuffed by Chelsea, but at the weekend they lost 11-1 V Arsenal, surely this is a bit demoralising? Hardly going to make them want to stay at QPR?

How do we go about challenging this so called bigger teams for young talent?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Thats shocking.My son used to play for chelmsford City.they played Ipswich and only lost 0-2 at Ipswich,played Arsenal year up side and lost 4-0 then drew with Arsenal same age group.Then beat Charlton 1-0 at at Arsenals youth ground.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

How about stopping asking obsolete questions continually?
      The U14s won 4-2 against Arsenal but you conveniently fail to mention this for a touch of sensationalism/response stirring?

Comment

My sons team (that has boys at Tottenham, Reading and Wycombe in it) played against the QPR under 8 team at Brunel and they had a couple of outstanding boys, the coach said that Arsenal were already trying to tap them up. We can get the talent but maybe the problem is keeping them, I have heard differing stories about our youth set up, varying from great to rubbish.
        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

The Fishcake

Great stuff, didn;t know that as don't follow every year the unders. Good to hear the under 14's did that
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
            My sons team (that has boys at Tottenham, Reading and Wycombe in it) played against the QPR under 8 team at Brunel and they had a couple of outstanding boys, the coach said that Arsenal were already trying to tap them up. We can get the talent but maybe the problem is keeping them, I have heard differing stories about our youth set up, varying from great to rubbish.
            Is that the team Dennis wise's boy play's in?
            We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_yuley View Post
              Is that the team Dennis wise's boy play's in?
              Didn't see him there when we played them this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                Didn't see him there when we played them this summer.
                Oh right. My mates little nephew played for them about 3-4 months ago, pretty sure his mum said Dennis Wise was there watching his boy.
                We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

To compete with the youth set up's at Arsenal, Chelsea etc we need to obtain Academy status which will mean massive investment. Without this we will only attract the 'lesser' players. Our location means we are competing with all the London Clubs and we are probably the only London based Championship club still operating as a Centre of Excellence
                  22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_yuley View Post
                    Oh right. My mates little nephew played for them about 3-4 months ago, pretty sure his mum said Dennis Wise was there watching his boy.
                    The three boys that stood out when I watched were the goalkeeper, who was very assured for such a young lad plus a Latin looking lad and the best of the bunch was a half casr lad with corn row hair who was fast, strong, skillfull and could finish. But as I said the coaches were almost resigned to losing them. The set up for the very young ones was good at Brunel, however it should have been at a QPR only academy to make the lads feel more intigrated into the club.

Comment

Working...
                    X