Corners, dead balls etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corners, dead balls etc

Dunno if it's me but I get distinct feeling that we seldom score or threaten with corners or free-kicks. It's got to stage where I wonder why anyone gets remotely excited when we win a corner?
    I'm not advocating us turning into Stoke but you do have to admire the way that their opposition visibly brick it any time Stoke win any sort of deadball within 75yds of the goal. I'd like us to inspire similar sort of fear in the opposition and real belief amongst our boys that we're gonna make something happen from such situations.
    Currently, I just feel that a corner to the Rs equals opposition back in posession 20 secs later.......

No, it's not just you PedalR. Very frustrating when we rarely beat the first man in corners.

If we could make more of our set pieces, we'd really be flying.
    Last edited by Minty; 22-10-2010, 05:12 PM.
    Be nice to Minty

Comment

I think we have had 20 or so corners plus free kicks in the last 2 games and we didnt get a sniff of a goal.

Maybe mix to up on who takes them Taarabt doesnt need to take everything

Comment

Especially when Taarabt delivers some exceptional balls into the box, that makes it all the more frustrating. Have a feeling that could all change though once we get Hulse fit.

Comment

we did tonight

Comment

Working...
          X