No announcement yet.

Jay Thomas..From Arsenal..Merged Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with getting him on loan, see how he does then maybe Arsenal will let him go in January for a good fee for us.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Why this one in particular? He is just popped up in the paper as gossip out of left field and now we want to buy him??

There's a limit on the number of loans we can field. And pressure to use them come what may. Why not get a decent proven striker in? Just a thought!

Comment

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

This is good news, the guy is class and extremely versatile!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...loan-move.html

Comment

He is Quality. Normally plays centre mid.
          Last edited by Andy Sinton 11; 22-10-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Walkonby has already said its paper talk!

Comment

Quality or not. We don't need midfielders. Smith hasn't started a game yet. This Cypriot is being talked about as well. FFS we need at least one striker. We can't rely on HH all season, and god knows when Hulse will be fit.

Comment

we could of got Vassell
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Not what we need and nowhere near good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    Vassell, JET or both?
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Vassell, JET or both?
                      Emmanuel-Thomas. I'd take Vassell.

Comment

Emmanuel-Thomas. I'd take Vassell.
                        Will we ever sign a decent striker do you think?

Comment

Shame if it is paper talk as he sounds a real prospect and just what we need to liven up our tired striking options...

This from an Arsenal website (apologies if already linked):

First, Arsenal are apparently in talks with crosstown club QPR in a move which would see JET go there on loan, probably for the remainder of the season. As I mentioned yesterday, JET has been absolutely dominant in the reserves this season, scoring 8 goals in just 4 games, and is clearly deserving of some first-team action. I think he may very well be on the verge of passing Vela on the depth chart — while he doesn’t have Vela’s flair, skill, or finishing touch, JET always works hard, holds the ball up, gets his teammates involved, and seems to be improving, whereas Vela’s development seems to have stagnated the last 2 seasons.

I was actually hoping to see JET in next week’s Carling Cup match against Spurs Newcastle, and maybe some of the final Champions League group stage matches, to see him actually get a taste of first team action before he left on loan, possibly in January. I really think he’s probably ready to play in the Premiership, and figured that that course of action would (a) let him play for Arsenal and let Arsenal fans watch him a few times; (b) put him in the shop window for Premiership clubs (you can’t tell me a team that’s struggling for goals, like Wigan or West Ham, couldn’t benefit from giving him some regular playing time); and (c) help us win/do well in some of those games.

I’m really coming around on JET — he had the spotlight interview on last week’s Friday night live on ATVO (a weekly 10-12 minute interview with a given player), and came across as a really grounded, motivated young man. His great play in the reserves and in preseason have hit home that he, along with the Peacemaker, have probably improved more than any of the other young Gunners in the past year. He’s gone from an interesting “what are we going to do with him?” prospect (people thought he should play anywhere from holding midfielder to center forward) to a dangerous forward attacker. And if he can continue to develop his skills, he’ll give Arsenal something very different from our current crop — as Iggy Pop would say, “raw power.” He is 6′3 and absolutely jacked, and has the ability to steamroll guys, and a guy like that will be a huge asset against the Blackburns and Stokes of the Premiership.

At any rate, I’d prefer to see him stick around until January because I think he could see some action if he did, but in this situation, JET isn’t going to make a real contribution to the team’s trophy aspirations this season, and his continued development is the first priority. If Wenger thinks QPR is the best spot for him, then there’s no reason to hesitate. And I do think QPR is a good opportunity — they’re in the Championship, but they’re an ambitious side, currently undefeated and top of the table, and looking for more attacking options. It would be a good chance to play for an attacking side with a winning mentality — if they can promise him first-team football, it seems like a great option.

Comment

I dont knw if anyone has mentioned this but he is left footed and can play LB, Left Midfield and of course forward.

He's pretty versatile.

Comment

As my most friends are Arsenal fans, I was/am forced to watch them! I ve seen JET playing many times, he is a such great talent, top finisher and still young. a much better than jay simpson, I really hope he can make the move to play for us. top signing if that happens.

Comment

Not to have a dig, but he's ten times the quality of any of Spurs' current young strikers

Comment

Working...
                                X