Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saracens in negotiations with QPR & Fulham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A75610929

I think with the right playing surface that could take the two sports we should do this, a new purpose stadium that could host the two sports.

Yes
    Kept the faith!

The pitch deteriorates quickly anyway without having rugby played on it. The way we play we need the best possible surface. IMO it would do more harm than good

Comment

Dont want a pitch like watfords.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

In the current setting I agree but looking ahead, if we where to build a new stadium and incorporate a playing surface with this in mind it would be a great idea.

A stadium in constant use will generate more income, if we want to compete with the bigger clubs in London we have to look at things in a different ways as we do not have the basic fanbase to compete.

Our location is prime, we need to stay in W12, when the stadium isn't being used for football or Rugby we can stage concerts and athletics in the summer.

That's why the Linford Christie stadium would be the perfect solution, a facility in use 12 mnths of the year, that would make up the short fall of 25/30k fans for prem: football, I think the Rugby would bring in 10/15k on alternative weeks,the concerts and athletics would push the numbers up nicely.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

I have just seen the new stadium thread, maybe admin should/will bolt this onto it?
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-QPR View Post
            The pitch deteriorates quickly anyway without having rugby played on it. The way we play we need the best possible surface. IMO it would do more harm than good
            Perhaps we should consider a plastic pitch. I reckon they'll be so hard to play on most teams won't have a clue and we'll win the league easily. Let the visiting team have a go on it for half an hour, tops.

Perhaps we could use the ground for concerts and boxing too?

Last edited by SheepRanger; 15-10-2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X