Norwich fancy their chances...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone needs to explain this to me -
    Apparently Norwich haven't played anyone good yet and according to muppettsrus.com (Cardiff fans, Palace fans and others besides) neither have we.
    We are now 10 games into the season and I am shocked that anyone can get away with that statement - is it being suggested that not one of the 10 teams we have played, or indeed none of those Norwich have played are any good and have no chance of being in contention for second place and/or the Play offs.

Comparing our two fixture lists, we have played the same opposition as them on 4 occassions - which means between us we have played 16 of the 22 other teams in the division - and they are all poor, as in we haven't played any one good yet.

For a league famous for its "anyone can beat anyone" reputation I find it hard to accept the amount of people in the "wait 'till we play a decent team" camp or even the line about finding out what we are really like when we come up against a team that will be "up there" at the end. We have already in every single game we (and Norwich) have played simply because (as we all know) it really is that kind of anyone can win type of league.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
      Got to disagree Nodge.

Players like Taarabt, Buzsacky, Gorkks are very comfortable and perform at this level easily, and could make the step up comfortably to the premier league. Hardly punching above our weight.

Norwich have players who excelled in League one and are now on the crest of a wave but this wont last.

On the comment regarding we have played no one of any substance; you view baffles me.
      Whilst they may have not started great, I would be willing to bet that come end of the season, Ipswich, Leicester, Sheff Utd will all be there or there abouts, and we have visited and beaten them on their own ground.

Also 2 london derby's out the way and points gained.

Norwich have played a very poor Bristol City team, s****horpe, Barnsley , Hull , Preston etc.
      Wait till they have to go to Cardiff, Leeds, Millwall, Leicester etc.

Bad comparison Nodge from someone who I respect when posting.
      On reading Nodges post, I was trying to work out a constructive way of telling him this is nonsence (in my humble opionon, of course), and I am glad I deceided to read on before giving my reasons...

This is becuase, almost word for word how I would have gone about choosing my words. I would even say that the likes of Donny will be a top half finishing side, and not the usless side some may believe.

Very well constructed post.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Quite simple Mate... our tough away games which we have taken maximum points bar Derby, have been far more difficult place than Norwich's.

Whether you look simply at the teams, atmosphere or expected league position. Sheff Utd , Leicester, Derby, Ipswich are harder places to visit than Preston, Doncaster and S****horpe.

Anyone can beat anyone true, but currently we are the stand out team, 6 points clear of anyone in the division.. No brainer really

Comment

Add to this, the team sitting in second place lost to BOTH Ipswich and Leicester, whilst we disposed of one with ease, and although we struggled against the latter, we still scored twice without reply.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Leicester were giving it pretty large before they played us, too. And what happened? We turned them over on their own ground and couple of weeks later their manager was looking for a new job.

Comment

simply looking forward to a good quality match.

Comment

I will always hate Norwich because of 75/76 so I hope we destroy them. No Mercy!

Comment

Working...
                X