Just thought.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought.........

I'd mention what great away support we have this season. Not only are we taking good numbers we actually make a hell of a noise when we are there!!

With two away games in 4 days coming up, and with one live on sky, do you think we'll keep this fantastic away support going?

What would you rather do - watch us 'live' on sky at Bristol or 'live' in the stands?
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Of course i'd rather be there, at every game, but it's all down to money, i suspect many feel exactly the same, although some are more fortunate than others or do not have many responsibilties so are able to do so.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I am going to Bristol but I expect to be one of very few tbh. The shift to a Friday night is an absolute mare. Sky are *******s. Even if you can get back to London it'll be so late there is no public transport to get you local if you don't live in Paddington. I have opted for a local hotel in Bristol as only way to do it (I suppose staying sober and riving is a possibility bit not an attractive one!!)

I was thinking the other day that our away support is now actually bigger than it was last time we were in the Prem/Top flight. That may seem odd to those to young to have had the good fortune to travel with R's in the top flight but it's definitely true. I remember going away in the 90s with an embarrassingly few Rangers playmates. Worst ever being WBA away in 85 (Div 1). About 120 of us trying to look like a crowd in the away end of the Hawthorns which was still terraced at the time and must've been built to hold 6 thousand easy

Comment

I really really really really want to be there, and would have been if it wasn't for Sky.
        But there's no way I'd make it from school (in Welling) to Bristol as I can't leave till 3.15.
        So it's dial-a-curry in front of the telly...
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Saving my pennies foe Forest.

Blackstock, Blackstock what's the score?
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Fulham can only dream of an away following like ours.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
              Worst ever being WBA away in 85 (Div 1). About 120 of us trying to look like a crowd in the away end of the Hawthorns which was still terraced at the time and must've been built to hold 6 thousand easy
              I remember that west brom game well, it was my first season of doing the odd away game and that was certainly an odd one. Was 16 and use to go with a mate who use to be pal@rse but started to go to QPR, anyway after the game we both got surrounded by a few locals and got a couple of slaps... my ex mate has been Chelsea ever since (safety in numbers/knuckle scrappers )

Comment

Going to Brizzle, hopefully we can muster 4 figures for that but won't be many going to Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
                  Going to Brizzle, hopefully we can muster 4 figures for that but won't be many going to Swansea.
                  2 away games in a few days is expecting alot from fans.Looking at a couple of hundred quid outlay easy.

Will be on holiday then but be back for Burnley.

Comment

the least ive seen us take away was at leeds in the prem.was a mid week game and i think we lost 4 nil with yeboah making his debut.reckon we had 80 up there at most
                    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                    London Pride is a flower that's free.
                    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                    X