No announcement yet.

Shaun Derry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always backed Helguson but hold my hand up as being completely wrong about Derry. Really underestimated by Palace fans but has been a revelation to us. Probably just edged Gorks and Helguson for motm imho..

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      Best defensive / holding midfielder we've had since Simon Barker imo. Top class.
      Barker was never that type of player. He sort of Mavis'd around desperately (and usually unsuccessfully) providing the legs for Ray Wilkins. Barker was naturally forward oriented and played his best games for us when allowed to roam forward. Gerry described him once as "his David Platt" .

Holloway was better at the holding role, but again was pressed into service to accommodate Wilkins...

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
        Barker was never that type of player. He sort of Mavis'd around desperately (and usually unsuccessfully) providing the legs for Ray Wilkins. Barker was naturally forward oriented and played his best games for us when allowed to roam forward. Gerry described him once as "his David Platt" .

Holloway was better at the holding role, but again was pressed into service to accommodate Wilkins...
        I agree Barker was a lot more mobile than Derry but defo held the midfield in place with regards to a physical presence. We haven't had a player like that since. Nearest possibly Rowlands.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          When we signed him I thought he was a shocking buy given how out on his feet he looked when we placed Palace at the end of last season but I stand corrected and am more then happy to say I got him 100% wrong.

Top Top Top defensive midfielder and in such a short period of time has become an vital part of the team.

Mr Derry please accept my apologies
          agree 100%. I wasnt happy when we signed him either. i am happy to say i have been proven wrong about him.
          well impressed.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            I agree Barker was a lot more mobile than Derry but defo held the midfield in place with regards to a physical presence. We haven't had a player like that since. Nearest possibly Rowlands.
            I don't think I've ever heard anyone call the 5'9" 10st Mavis Riley lookalike a "physical presence" before!

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
              I don't think I've ever heard anyone call the 5'9" 10st Mavis Riley lookalike a "physical presence" before!
              Make you wrong on that one Nodge. You don't need to be 6 ft 5 to have a 'physical presence' ask

Dennis Wise
              Lee Bowyer
              Nicky Butt
              Alan Smith
              Joey Barton
              Paul Scholes to name but a few..

Comment

Derry has done exceptionally well. Whenever you see him, it looks like he has just woken up.

I think he is the main player in midfield and holds everything together. ALways remember him geting quite stuck in and actually a bit of a dirty player at Leeds, one that mistimed tackles. Here, NW has got the very best out of him and actually think would be the biggest loss in the team if he got injured.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                X