Shaun Derry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Derry...

I haven't read many posts on here today, or from last night... but I just want to highlight this bloke, and give him a special shout.

He hardly put a foot wrong yesterday, covered for everyone, ran his heart out.. and the thing that most surprises me about him is his technical ability.
    He has quick feet, makes the right passes, and hardly gives the ball away.

I would say that Derry and Faurlin are the best CM pair we've had since Wilkins and Holloway... and the best in this league.

Anyway, enough of the Derry Love-in from me!

Might not wear the armband, but he is our leader on the pitch. Hats off to the bloke.
    Been superb all season, and yesterday he was f**kin immense.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Well said. Well done Doctor Derry.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Who'd ave thought it eh? I didn't think he would have anywhere near the impact he has. That bloke Warnock actually knows what he's doing doesn't he!?
      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

At 32 he still has a good 3/4 years left in him. Didnt realise he's actually younger than HH who is 33. Clint Hill is 31. Paddy Kenny is 32.

Yet our squad has a perfect blend of youth & experience. Again something that Sir Warnock knows is an essential ingredient for any successful team.

Comment

When we signed him I thought he was a shocking buy given how out on his feet he looked when we placed Palace at the end of last season but I stand corrected and am more then happy to say I got him 100% wrong.

Top Top Top defensive midfielder and in such a short period of time has become an vital part of the team.

Mr Derry please accept my apologies

Comment

Best defensive / holding midfielder we've had since Simon Barker imo. Top class.

Comment

im very happy with derry but more happy with hill. both have been great and needed additions.. maybe if magilton had these two he'd have got us up?
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                im very happy with derry but more happy with hill. both have been great and needed additions.. maybe if magilton had these two he'd have got us up?
                I honestly think if he had Vidic and Messi I don't think he'd have got us promoted
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=67348

So who's enjoying their humble pie?
                  18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

:pleasantsuprise: Wow! So many people so happy to be mistaken. Shaun Derry has been a rock out there. What a stroke of genius done by Sir Neil in signing him.
                    Lonesome is being an R's fan on the prairies Always QPR!

Comment

Wasnt there a poll on here with the majority rather play Mahon over Derry....

Thankfully i voted in the right way...great player

Comment

Shaun Of The Dead!

Comment

Yes, Derry is a fantastic asset and a (joyous) revalation to me. And I am not alone in that it seems......the quote below is lifted from a Warnock piece in Saturday's (pre-match) Independent ( a link to the whole article is underneath - sorry if posted already!!)

" Shaun and Clint only left because with all the turmoil there they did not know what their futures would be. They didn't have contract offers at the time and they asked me if there might be a place for them at Rangers. I did feel they would be good in the dressing room, but if I'm honest I didn't think either would be regulars. It just shows you can never write anyone off in this game."

I thought he had a great game on Saturday and even when he made a mistake he seemed to find another gear to go back and rectify it. (My respect also went up on Tuesday when he ran the length of the pitch to square up to Mill wall's keeper for daring to mix it with HH!)

Comment

jawdrop at warnock brought them both from palace as squad players and never envisaged either of them as regular first teamers.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              jawdrop at warnock brought them both from palace as squad players and never envisaged either of them as regular first teamers.
                              And for rescuing HH off the dump pile.

Another MOM contending performance for him. Not bad for such an aweful striker.
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X