Buzsaky Eyes Promotion Push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzsaky Eyes Promotion Push

QPR midfielder Akos Buzsaky is quietly confident the club can achieve promotion to the Premier League this season, but he is not willing to jinx their chances.

Rangers have made a storming start to the new campaign, collecting 23 points from their first nine games to open up a six-point lead from second-placed Cardiff.

And Hungary international Buzsaky believes it is his manager Neil Warnock who should take most of the plaudits for the unbeaten start.

"We had a dubious last season, we started well but then managers were coming and going so we didn't have the stability," he told www.origo.hu.

Strong squad

"At the beginning of 2010 Neil Warnock was appointed and he has already achieved promotion with Sheffield United and he reached a play-off place with Crystal Palace a couple years ago.

"Since he's been with us we have improved. I've been playing in the Championship for several years and I haven't been the member of a strong squad like we have now."

Buzsaky, who signed a permanent deal at Loftus Road in January 2008, has failed to help his side secure a top six finish during his time in the capital.

But, without wishing to overstate his side's chances, the 28-year-old believes his dream of playing in the top-flight could be fulfilled next season.

"My dream is still playing in the Premier League. Fortunately we're doing well but it'd be too soon to say anything about our chances about promotion," he added.

"The team had a great start but there are a huge amount of games to play, downturns, injuries might come. I say each year i'm in England that 'this year we'll get promoted' - now I don't dare to say anything."

The attacking midfielder has struggled to force his way into the QPR starting XI regularly this season after picking up an injury in pre-season.

Confidence

But Buzsaky, once nicknamed the 'White Pele' by Rangers fans, is hoping to recapture his sparking form from previous seasons when handed his chance by Warnock.

"Just before the beginning of the season I had an injury and I missed the first two games. The team won and the manager didn't change the team," he said.

"On the following games I was a kind of first-choice substitute then my Argentinean team-mate (Alejandro) Faurlin got injured against Ipswich and I could get into the starting line-up.

"In my first year in QPR I scored 10 goals, last year I had 11, I hope I'll play so good to deserve getting my old nickname back from the fans.

"We are leading the table and having a good goal difference. The fact that we haven't conceded any goals in eight games of the nine can give us confidence. It means that we have a good defence which is a thing that we can build on for a good team in the future.

"If we play goalless games against our big rivals, those points will be very useful at the end of the season."

Ric you Journo u.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Do you think I worded it well? ;-)

Comment

i would of spelt it diffrent but im thick ,lol
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
        X