According to Warnock tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Warnock tonight

We just need to get through this next week.
    He expects to have 4 players back from injury by Norwich, thanks to the International break.

So from the 7 currently out -
    Ramage is very long term. so who's the 4 ?
    If true that Hulse is out until November and Cookie still has some way to go, that leaves

Faurlin, Orr, Hall & Rowlands (I know Martin's been on the bench last 2 games, but possibly just to make up numbers, as he's not even been given 5 or 10 minutes in either game, despite being 2 & 3 goals up !)

Anyway, it bodes well for Faurlin and the other 3 offer good cover and a much stronger bench.

Back to near on full strength would be a massive boost for us. Really cannot wait for Hulse to be ready, fit & strong & raring to go. He will be massive for us with his height & power. Not that he'd get in the team at the moment!

The 4 you mentioned sound about right. What's the story on Cookie?

Comment

When I spoke to Cookie at the recent Golf Day (almost 4 weeks ago) he suggested around 5 weeks.
      He was walking fine and that was after a round of golf, which can be a test on the knees.

Assuming he won't be rushed back, like Rowlands (who said on the same day, he'd be available for the Middlesboro game, but only surfaced at Leciester), I figure we should look at another month or so. Unless there's been a set back of course.......

I guess he might get shipped out on loan to get match fit, but I got the feeling from the end of last season, when Warnock arrived, he was generally a bench warmer, occasionally coming on late in a game, only to play on the right side ! Probably tactical, but I've a hunch NW doesn't rate him as highly as we do/did.
      I have to say, in the back of my mind, I fear, Lee may never kick another ball for us. A dreadful shame if so, and I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Comment

Hmm tough one to call. In my opinion I'd have to agree that NW may not have Cook in his 'priority' list BUT saying that he's not had a chance to impress Warnock either. Its a very long drawn out season, we are not blessed with too many quality wing men so on that evidence alone I would assume Warnock would want to keep Cookie as back up for the campaign.

Great to see Rowlands making the bench for the last 2 games. Thankfully he hasn't been needed and every week he's that much stronger. After the intl break I think he will come back into the fold.

Comment

A fully fit Cookie is a valuable squad member, I agree. I hope NW gives him the chance to prove himself.

Rowlands, again I agree, but I kind of feel he is a more natural replacement for Faurlin than Buzz is. Buzz is not so good at the defensive qualities that Faurlin offers.
          For me Buzz is more Adel's replacement, but great to have both options.

Bringing Kyle Walker in has been a masterstroke by Warnock, it provides the same recovery option to Orr to get 100% fit in his own time and not be rushed back too soon.

Comment

I hope you guys enjoy it when we beat Milwall 3-1,
            beat the crap out of them, normally I do not advocate violence, but **** Milwall.

Comment

Oh no, we're going to concede a goal ! At home !
              Who scores for us ? Will Mackie get one ?

Not sure I understand the link between this thread and Millwall on Tuesday.
              Sorry if I'm being thick.

Comment

I just hate Milwall.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X