How did we win 3-0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did we win 3-0?

I thought we were poor today, Doncaster had some great chances. We only really came alive after 65mins.... how did we do it?

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
    I thought we were poor today, Doncaster had some great chances. We only really came alive after 65mins.... how did we do it?
    By not conceeding a goal when under pressure, and by taking our few chances when they came. It's what winning teams do
    Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Not sure myself.

Our passing in the first half was woeful. Adel couldnt get in the game and we didnt create much...

I just kept thinking Warnock would give them a rolicking at HT and we would improve 2nd half. And we did.

And without ever really hitting the heights of some of our performances this season, we managed to create enough to take the points. They ran out of steam abit and gave up.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

thats the making of a good side promotion material its not all about playing well its the result that counts, you cant play well in every game no team doe's its up to the opposing team to make it count.

Comment

defended well. think Buz struggled as a holding midfielder and we gave the ball away to much in the first half . I thought Doncaster played really well they kept spraying the ball wide and caused our midfield problems. thought their right back played really well.

2nd half we upped the tempo a bit got a crucial set piece and then the game was really over.

Our defence is seeing us through the bad patches though , think Paddy Kenny is quality.

Comment

Scoring early in the 2nd half helped, because Donny couldn't maintain the 5 across the back (for a 0-0 draw) they seemed to be playing and had to go 4-4-2 to try and get something from the game. That meant we ended up with that extra bit of space, and, along with better passing play in general was what, imho, won us the game.
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
              defended well. think Buz struggled as a holding midfielder and we gave the ball away to much in the first half . I thought Doncaster played really well they kept spraying the ball wide and caused our midfield problems. thought their right back played really well.

2nd half we upped the tempo a bit got a crucial set piece and then the game was really over.

Our defence is seeing us through the bad patches though , think Paddy Kenny is quality.
              Agree thought Donny was good today

Comment

Corner kicks.
                It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by dtig View Post
                  By not conceeding a goal when under pressure, and by taking our few chances when they came. It's what winning teams do
                  Spot on! Exactly what we did at Leicester

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                    Adel couldnt get in the game and we didnt create much.
                    If Adel scores a goal and adds an assist from a corner when not in the game then I dread to think what he'll do when he is in the game.

We play average yet still turn out 3-0 winners, sure fire sign of champions!

You R'ss
                    "Ever since you were born I always knew you were a bender!"
                    The Last Airbender - M Night Shyamalan - 2010

Comment

this cant carry on like this. we are actually winning cos of neil warnocks reoutation.
                      taraabt has gone back to his old self and helguson cant and wont score loads of goals and we all know that.
                      we need faurlin back badly, and we need to let smith and hulse have a go asap.
                      not moaning i swear, how could anyone ever moan at this brillaint record thus far, but this run will end very soon if we dont have a change round, and i want us to go all season unbeaten, so lets have a mix up i say.

Comment

No, we're winning because our defence is great and we can score goals to order, even if our overall play is a bit under par.
                        Donny marked Mackie, Tarby and Ephraim quite effectively, but that's why Gorkss had acres of room in which to score.
                        We're so good, the oppo cannot possibly mark all our players who can cause them damage.
                        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Watched there manager on player, nearly fell asleep, team talks must be a laugh for them..........nowonder they couldn't cope with us 2nd half.
                          They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                          X