Selling Mackie to West Ham for £6m ?? /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W12pHilOsOPher View Post
    A definite 'yes'. He's not worth a fraction of 6 million, fantastic start notwithstanding.
    I don't get this answer?

If he is part of getting the club promoted surely the 60million plus for promotion makes him worth the fact that we turned down 6 million for him?

If we sell him and it has an effect on the team which it will, because his goals have been huge for us where is the sense in it?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

If someone offered half that, the club would snap their hand off. FACT.

Comment

Yeah they would Morris but that doesn't make it right. Why sell our best player and risk losing out on promotion?

We have scored 19 goals this season which is incredible but Mackie has scored 45% of our goals, it would be crazy to mess up a chance of promotion over it.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          I don't get this answer?

If he is part of getting the club promoted surely the 60million plus for promotion makes him worth the fact that we turned down 6 million for him?

If we sell him and it has an effect on the team which it will, because his goals have been huge for us where is the sense in it?
          Football is run as a business, 60 million for promotion is still a long way away , remembering we've only played 7 games, i guarantee if someone offered £6m for Mackie now (which they wont) qpr would snap there hand off. It would be the best bit of business this club has done for ages, buy someone for £500k and sell him on for £6m in the space of about three months.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Sorry Cambs its Les Ferdinand for me.
            Another fine footballer but for me behind Stan but that maybe an age thing
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
              mackies no mug,relegation or promotion?
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                Football is run as a business, 60 million for promotion is still a long way away , remembering we've only played 7 games, i guarantee if someone offered £6m for Mackie now (which they wont) qpr would snap there hand off. It would be the best bit of business this club has done for ages, buy someone for £500k and sell him on for £6m in the space of about three months.
                I agree with what you say but if we are ambitious as the owners say we are, why should we sell our best talent? If we get promoted we will need to have players like Mackie. I actually think 75% of the side won't be good enough to keep us up and that is no disrespect to anyone. We should be building. We don't NEED the money allbeit its alot.

Comment

nein, nyet, non, but unfortunately, I am not the one in charge

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                    yeah but to make 5-5 million profit would represent the greatest ever profit
                    in our clubs history,its better than ferdinand,and with warnock the greatest ever manager in our history we could buy more bargains,and perhaps make 20 million profit this season and build a new stadium

So far Mackie has cost QPR £145,000. That fee rises on certain criteria being met. One is a International call of any kind in the next 2 years and another is QPR being promoted this season will cost x and a different lower payment if we get promoted next season.

We are in no position to have to sell him. This is all silly paper talk and we are months away from the January transfer window. If Mackie keeps performing like he has been we'll almost be promoted come January so WHY would he leave if there is a very possibilty to play in the Premier League with us?? Bit of a silly question QPRTED but given the latest speculation I can see why you have asked the question.

Comment

offload mackie for **** sake

why would any genuine r,s fan even think about getting rid of 1 of our best if not the best player so far this season ,6mill or not dont think this subject even needs debating

Comment

we're not thinking about it, but if he scores 5-6 more goals someone from the premiership is bound to come in with an an offer for him, don't sell him, I agree, but we don't live in an ideal world.

Comment

I don't think Mr Warnock would be too happy seeing one of his better players being sold off so so soon after he bought him. Not getting backing from the board has caused him to resign from clubs in the past.

On a lighter note - I moved from West Ham to QPR but I was 8 at the time.

Comment

I wonder if Plymouth have a sell on %.

Comment

Terrible piece of journalism, they can't even manage to spell Neil Warnocks name right.

Mackie will still be at the club at the end of January and will be playing Premiership football for QPR next season while West Ham are playing in the Championship!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Terrible piece of journalism, they can't even manage to spell Neil Warnocks name right.

Mackie will still be at the club at the end of January and will be playing Premiership football for QPR next season while West Ham are playing in the Championship!
                                I was reading the paper just a few minutes ago, and some aussie twit called him steve warnock. ****ing idiots, how do they keep their jobs?

Comment

Working...
                                X