Box Office update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Office update

Just been told that there are no plans as yet for half-season tickets from Jan onwards and that the Lower Loft will remain the family section for next season.

I mentioned that a lot of fans don't like the split of gold, silver etc and that the atmosphere has changed due to it, and that moving the family section from Ellerslie Rd to Lower loft helped in that and that it was a mistake on the clubs part. Was told that the club wont chance things unless they get loads of feedback from fans.

So lets get writing and get our Lower Loft back and the atmosphere we used to have!
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
    Just been told that there are no plans as yet for half-season tickets from Jan onwards and that the Lower Loft will remain the family section for next season.

I mentioned that a lot of fans don't like the split of gold, silver etc and that the atmosphere has changed due to it, and that moving the family section from Ellerslie Rd to Lower loft helped in that and that it was a mistake on the clubs part. Was told that the club wont chance things unless they get loads of feedback from fans.

So lets get writing and get our Lower Loft back and the atmosphere we used to have!
    Whilst I agree with you regarding the location of the Family stand in particular, it is of course very possible that those people located in that stand might actually like it there? They may not want to move and they (the kids in there) are the future of our Club so we have to consider them and their wishes too.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

It's not as if the club were thinking that if there are no half ST's, that people would pay on the door for the rest of the season, and not get advantage of early birds either is it?

Comment

Given they are currently trying to sell full STs they are unlikely to say that they will be selling half STs in January, but it's a dead cert they will be.

I sit in the Lower Loft with my two boys and, as Bluehoop said, I like sitting there and will not be moving regardless of whether it is the nominated family stand or not. In fact, most of the people around us don't have kids with them so I doubt very much you would get a mass exodus from there if the family stand was moved.
        18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

Macca69 I don't doubt you and many others like sitting in the Lower Loft the views are good and you are close to the action, but the general atmosphere at LR has changed since the family enclosure was moved there. The lower loft used to generate massive sound and support that could be heard all around the ground, now its like a morgue. On the few occasions I have sat there recently every time you stand up, try to start a chant, say something out loud people look at you in disgust and as if to say 'what the hell do you think you are doing?'

It would be nice to have an atmosphere at LR that was generated from what was the traditional 'home' end. You cannot hear q,p and r blocks from the away end, west paddock, x- block etc so very little banter with the away fans which is the basis for atmosphere.

I know you and others will shoot me down but the Lower Loft only seems to become vocal when and if we are winning with about 10 mins to go.

Personally, I feel the atmosphere in general would be better if the family enclosure was moved back to Ellerslie and the singers, etc moved back to the Lower Loft. Just a thought>
          22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I don't think it would make a lot of difference if the family stand was moved back to Ellerslie Road.

I think the atmosphere changed when Briatore hiked the season ticket prices up so high that a lot of fans simply stopped coming.
            I know a few who had been ST holders for years and have only been to a handful of games in the last couple of seasons.

Hopefully with the team doing so well, if it continues we might see more fans coming back and I believe the atmosphere will return with them.

I have sat lower loft for years and for the last 3 years have been bringing my 2 boys with me. Whether they move it or not, I will be staying put where I am and am happy to continue for many years to come.

Comment

This season I decided to move to the Family Stand (i.e. Lower Loft) with my two daughters and other friends - for the past couple of seasons we were in Block B of the South Africa Road Stand. The decision was made primarily because of the better pricing on offer and I persuaded a few lapsed fans and their kids back at the same time !!

I've noticed that the language is more restrained in the Family Stand and as a father of 2 daughters (aged 5 & 9) - that is great.

In contrast, I took my eldest daughter to her first away game at Derby and to be honest if I had written a list of every single swear word in my vocabulary at kick-off - I would have been able to tick off every single one of them by the end of the match.

Having followed QPR home and away for over 30 years it is to be expected that our away following is more vociferous ..... but my point is that I would not want my daughters hearing that at every single home game.

We are happy with in the Family Stand and the girls do love being close to all the action and being able to shake Spark's hand before kick-off.

However, I would also have to report from a spectator's point of view its almost impossible to follow the pattern of play from the Lower Loft compared to the view we had from South Africa Road.

Would a compromise solution be to move the Family Stand upstairs into the Upper Loft ?

Comment

Originally posted by Blonkie View Post
                This season I decided to move to the Family Stand (i.e. Lower Loft) with my two daughters and other friends - for the past couple of seasons we were in Block B of the South Africa Road Stand. The decision was made primarily because of the better pricing on offer and I persuaded a few lapsed fans and their kids back at the same time !!

I've noticed that the language is more restrained in the Family Stand and as a father of 2 daughters (aged 5 & 9) - that is great.

In contrast, I took my eldest daughter to her first away game at Derby and to be honest if I had written a list of every single swear word in my vocabulary at kick-off - I would have been able to tick off every single one of them by the end of the match.

Having followed QPR home and away for over 30 years it is to be expected that our away following is more vociferous ..... but my point is that I would not want my daughters hearing that at every single home game.

We are happy with in the Family Stand and the girls do love being close to all the action and being able to shake Spark's hand before kick-off.

However, I would also have to report from a spectator's point of view its almost impossible to follow the pattern of play from the Lower Loft compared to the view we had from South Africa Road.

Would a compromise solution be to move the Family Stand upstairs into the Upper Loft ?
                That really isn't a compromise though as the view from UL is as good as any in the ground. The Club are one of the few that still lets U8's in for free but they are not so charitable as to let them into the best viewing area of the ground.

Also, I have to agree with you about the language away from home, some of it is totally unnecessary. And anyone who says, FFS it's a football match and you have to expect it - err well no actually I expect people to have some respect for the fact there are women and children around but sadly, they don't. Mind you, you do have a good idea for some pre-match entertainment = swear word bingo = just put all the words you know down on a piece of paper and tick them off as they come out = genius
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Upper loft being the "family section"??? Errrrm - no thanks!

As for colourful language I really do despair.
                  Some people have this twee little view that football is all Corinthian and sweetness and light should exist on the pitch and off.
                  It's not.
                  It's tribal.
                  It's at it's best when it's raw, blood, guts and thunder with an atmosphere so close to poision and passion it's electric and it makes the hairs on your nec stand up.

I grew up on the terraces and the flow of expletives hasn't done me any fac'kin harm!!!!!!!
                  I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                    Upper loft being the "family section"??? Errrrm - no thanks!

As for colourful language I really do despair.
                    Some people have this twee little view that football is all Corinthian and sweetness and light should exist on the pitch and off.
                    It's not.
                    It's tribal.
                    It's at it's best when it's raw, blood, guts and thunder with an atmosphere so close to poision and passion it's electric and it makes the hairs on your nec stand up.

I grew up on the terraces and the flow of expletives hasn't done me any fac'kin harm!!!!!!!

My little ones know if they ever say what they hear at football in front of their mum, nan, teachers or in general, they will never come to football again. 6 years down the line not once have they called their mum, nan or teachers a ****ing **** on the contrary, it has taught them right from wrong and it quite funny when they say mummy, we heard a new song/word today and whisper it to her, as they know what will happen if I hear it.
                    Last edited by paulmason; 24-09-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                      Macca69 I don't doubt you and many others like sitting in the Lower Loft the views are good and you are close to the action, but the general atmosphere at LR has changed since the family enclosure was moved there. The lower loft used to generate massive sound and support that could be heard all around the ground, now its like a morgue. On the few occasions I have sat there recently every time you stand up, try to start a chant, say something out loud people look at you in disgust and as if to say 'what the hell do you think you are doing?'

It would be nice to have an atmosphere at LR that was generated from what was the traditional 'home' end. You cannot hear q,p and r blocks from the away end, west paddock, x- block etc so very little banter with the away fans which is the basis for atmosphere.

I know you and others will shoot me down but the Lower Loft only seems to become vocal when and if we are winning with about 10 mins to go.

Personally, I feel the atmosphere in general would be better if the family enclosure was moved back to Ellerslie and the singers, etc moved back to the Lower Loft. Just a thought>
                      I don't disagree with you mate. The atmosphere is rubbish and it takes us being several goals to the good before you get any songs going. I try my best to sing, even occasionally starting one. My point is that I don't think the fact that it is the nominated family stand makes any difference as most of the people around me do not have kids and seem pretty happy to stay where they are. So even if you moved the family stand it's not going to free up loads of space for the singers to move back.

From a personal perspective I first stood on the Loft in 1979 and the atmosphere was one of the best things about it. I would love my boys to experience that and have similar memories, albeit in seats these days.
                      18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

Working...
                      X