barry bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barry bridges

barry was one of my top ten favourite players,he may not make my top five but he was an amazing site,when he used his incredible speed,he should have scored more goals than his eight in our top flight season of 68-69

but we were just not creating chances,the game i most remember was when he returned to stamford bridge,he was brilliant that day,he had been like clive allen for chelsea,scoring 84 goals in 160 games,he was a boy wonder but strangely they sold him.......BUT LOVE YOU BARRY........hope you are well
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

He was one of my old man's favourite players along with Brian Bedford.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

if

if you ever get to see that video of the loss at west ham in 68-69,the way he took his goal was so typical bridges
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

dexter you tend to bring up the past way to often. You need to get with the times. Football has changed and we are all moving on, so should you.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          dexter you tend to bring up the past way to often. You need to get with the times. Football has changed and we are all moving on, so should you.
          Leave it out, thats part of our history mate.
          OK ted is same age as me, I probly bring up the past too. Why not? Plenty on here in our 50's.
          Dex/ted, I remember Barry Bridges well, you're right, he was a flier and in a better side would have scored loads more. I also remember that game at Chelsea, I think BB scored that day, think we lost 2-1.

Comment

i remember my grandad saying to me the day he signed for qpr "good player son" and he was.very fast with an eye for goal and those bow legs !! had a good goalscoring record as seen here:

Comment

tbh i like hearing about QPR's past. I started supporting QPR in 1990 at the age of 4 and would love QPR to be as good as the club i keep hearing about with the likes of bowles, marsh etc.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He was a fantastic player for us, fast as hell good in the air, good eye for a goal or 20.

And ted, keep the old days a coming m8, without history there is no future.
                Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 21-09-2010, 11:01 AM.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

I started going in 1969/70 season - first game Derby County FAC 5th round 1-0 win around January 1970. Dave Mackay amazing, Rodney Marsh even better. Bridges scored 24 goals that season.

I think Jamie Mackie has even better qualities than Bridges but reminds me of him, good turn of speed, not bad in the air, 100% team player, loves the game, goal poacher, etc.

As for Adel I think he shoudl have been given the number 10 shirt.....frightenly good...

In my view after 15 years of "hurt" since we were relegated from the Premiership, we now have a great chance of going up, injuries permitting. Omens are great passionate tactical aware media friendly manager Venables versus Warnock, same team ethic, goalscorer from nowhere arrives Seal versus Mackie, superb talent Tarrabt, ephrahim, versus allen, stainrod.

Oh any by the way the pope visited the UK last time we went up, so we gotta go up this season.......devine intervention....

Cmon u rrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Comment

Working...
                  X