travelling to the game on sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling to the game on sat

goin by car for a change usually take train,ive heard theres major roadworks on m1 anyone know if true wise il go a different way thanks

I'm on a coach, and as they normally go by road I'd like to know that too.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

The Highway agency roadwork schedule says no planned roadworks on M1 this weekend. I can't paste the link to it from here but search for the highway agency and have a look yourself. There is a route planner thing just put in which roads you are interested in (that they run) and it's list roadworks. Usually gets it right n'all!

Comment

booked train earlier today - was only an extra £3 each way for first class, so i thought i'd treat myself and the missus. might even find the time to stop off at Pret for a crayfish sandwich en route
        RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

thanks for info stanley, do you know of any good places to park that are near the ground?
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Street parking round by the station end of town shouldn't be a problem Or the nearby Rugby ground. I'm going by train now. Dead easy run and dirt cheap. And allows an early morning run into the Scotsman at the Cross

Comment

easy run? it takes about 2hrs 30mins from surrey by train. I can drive it in about 1hour 40.

Comment

Ahh - Surrey is nice and all that but there's your downside of being the wrong side of the river. Hour ten on the train from the Cross and I'm only 25 minutes from the Cross. And can get bevvied going this way. So easy for me. First class for £11 return too. Can't complain about that.

I've driven it before for evening games and don't recall parking being a problem. I was advised to use the Rugby Ground just down Walkers but didn't need it as there was plenty of street space.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
                  The Highway agency roadwork schedule says no planned roadworks on M1 this weekend. I can't paste the link to it from here but search for the highway agency and have a look yourself. There is a route planner thing just put in which roads you are interested in (that they run) and it's list roadworks. Usually gets it right n'all!
                  Is this the same lot who done the road works after the Man U game last season.Could of killed that twunt with the scabble gun under that bridge.Did about 3 miles in an hr.
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Went the M1 route to Derby and it was slow going but there has been roadworks around Luton/Milton keynes for ages, i left @ 11 and got to Derby at 1.40 !!

Comment

50mile an hour speed limit on m25 leading up to m1 at watford, then same for quite a long haul on m1
                      They seek him here.................

Comment

cheers for info chaps im from beaconsfield so mite go m40,a43 i think, then bk om m1 to miss it shouldnt be any longer either i hope

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          thanks for info stanley, do you know of any good places to park that are near the ground?
                          Did you enjoy the game then weareqpr12?
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I was stuck on the m25.

I left work at 11:30 and I had no chance of getting there.

Gave up at 1:15 as it didn't get any better and I knew I was fighting a lost cause.

I was a lucky one because I was going to buy a ticket at the ground and I know alot of fans missed out that had already bought a ticket.

Got my tickets for donny and Millwall and can't wait. Did u make it?

Comment

No, couldn't get to this one, wish I had though.
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X