Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are we ready for the premiership as a team and as a club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we ready for the premiership as a team and as a club?

the sun thinks we are.
    Last edited by G.T.P; 16-09-2010, 11:32 PM.

As a club, yes. There are smaller up there, and just down the road at that. As a team, it'd be a struggle as things stand - but if the board continues to back NW in the transfer market there's reason for hope.

Comment

i reckon this team would hold its own, obviously get battered by the top two or three clubs, but we could do well against most of the others.
      where do you think we good strengthen the first team then mate?
      i reckon we would only need a top striker at the moment to compete, and with hulse still to come in and show us what he can or cant do, we might not even need that.

Comment

Well if The Sun says so they might as well hand us the league title now

Comment

you cant knock the suns sports writers. no-one can.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
            you cant knock the suns sports writers. no-one can.
            jesus

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
              where do you think we good strengthen the first team then mate?
              Aye, there's the rub. Our first XI might, just maybe, survive. But the Port Vale game in particular showed that there's not much else in the tank.

I don't want to be negative here - I am as happy as anyone at the moment - but it's easy to get carried away after a few good games. On paper we look like a playoff team, and teams going up through the playoffs don't often stay up. For example, Derry has been one of our best 2 or 3 players this season. But, let's be honest, not many were thrilled about his arrival - and for good reason. He works hard, breaks up play and does the simple things well. But I seriously doubt he has the speed or touch to succeed at a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
                jesus
                Well, yeah, he probably could.

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
                  jesus
                  whatever mr cultured.
                  i know the actual papers crap but i really like the football journalists (especially steven howard, rednapp and karen bradys coloumns as well).
                  i aint going to pretend to prefer the guardian or the telegraph when i dont just so some bloke on the intetrnet cant type some shite like 'jesus' at me and try and score points by making out im thick.
                  Last edited by G.T.P; 15-09-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

One thing's for sure, with each passing game, it looks increasingly likely that we're too good a side to be in the championship.

Comment

no we are not,we would get slaughtered for pace defensively

Comment

As long as we keep Loftus Road if we were to be promoted, I'd be happy.

Comment

Christ

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                            One thing's for sure, with each passing game, it looks increasingly likely that we're too good a side to be in the championship.
                            oi, don't jinx us, mate...it's a terrific start, but it is going to be tight till the end.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                              oi, don't jinx us, mate...it's a terrific start, but it is going to be tight till the end.
                              We're going up, we're going up!

I'm so excited I can't sleep!

Comment

Working...
                              X