Best back 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best back 4?

I think the current back 4 is looking excellent at the moment. I hope Hall when he is fit is not brought straight back in.

There is a good mix of talent, sheer strength and heart.

Orr- doing well getting forward.
    Gorks- had a very good game
    Connolly- had another good game. Best game of the season.
    Hill- looked very solid

A real solid unit. And another clean sheet!!!!!!!!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

they looked a touch iffy at times. but the`re still growing as a unit

Comment

i think orr is the weak link at the moment,got caught out of position to often yesterday.

Comment

Connolly is mustard.
        Glad to see he's been rewarded with a run in the team as CB.
        Best at the club IMO.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

The one real problem at the back is the lack of REAL pace, thats my one major concern.

Comment

Out of interest, who is the paciest out of Hall, Connolly and Gorkks, and which one do you think is the best reader of the game? 2 seperate questions.
            Last edited by Stanley; 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hall is quicker.
              Connolly is definitely the best reader.

I wouldn't say that's a bad thing for Gorkss though, as he's a better defender than Hall.

Comment

Orr nearly made us conceded a goal by giving away possession cheaply but even though I think the defence may prove to be our weak link in time - they've kept 4 clean sheets out of 5 which is superb!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                  Hall is quicker.
                  Connolly is definitely the best reader.

I wouldn't say that's a bad thing for Gorkss though, as he's a better defender than Hall.
                  Would tend to agree with that Benny.

So all 3 have their individual strengths and weaknesses, which in a way is a good thing because it allows NW to pick the right combination according to the opposition.

Having one of those 3 plus Ramage and Hill as cover too, isnt too much cause for concern IMO.

Comment

Thought Connolly had his best game of the season yesterday, some excellent tackles in the box. Also, having Derry in midfield has helped take pressure off the defence I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
                      Thought Connolly had his best game of the season yesterday, some excellent tackles in the box. Also, having Derry in midfield has helped take pressure off the defence I reckon.
                      Agreed. Derry has had a very positive effect on the team in general, right from his commitment, form and attitude.

Comment

Hall can not walk back into this team. Connolly & Gorkks are a very good pairing. Warnock's ONLY mistake so far in my opinion making Hall skipper.

Comment

just shows that neil was a bit premature making hall his captain.
                          ermm, neil your captain cant actually make the starting eleven. ha ha
                          great problem tho.

Comment

Connolly looked v assured and mature beyond his years - impossible to leave out on this form. Hopefully now there is competition all over the park which will force everyone to keep playing at their top level. Look how the arrival of Hulse seems to have galvanised Helguson who was terrific, best game I'd seen from him in a Rangers shirt.

Comment

I would stick with our current back 4.And with Derry and Faurlin in midfield we have some great tacklers ahead of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X