spending power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spending power

how do we compare to other teams in this league,we have spent £2,750 million this summer,which is way less than what most predicted we would spend.While NW has thanked the board for that amount,i cant help thinking we are still short in the striker dept and we should have spent more there,time will tell i suppose.

well if smith can provide some service and get some free kicks and corners, I think we'll be okay. The most important things are confidence and team spirit and Warnock will provide it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      how do we compare to other teams in this league,we have spent £2,750 million this summer,which is way less than what most predicted we would spend.While NW has thanked the board for that amount,i cant help thinking we are still short in the striker dept and we should have spent more there,time will tell i suppose.
      We haven't spent that much
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

dont think the amount spent has anything to do with it - its all about getting the right people in. You could spend x millions on players and they dont gel or whatever or you could get players in on a free and they fit into the team ethos and pattern.
        Basically, spending loads does not guarantee success necessarily.

Comment

£2,750million??

what did we buy......spain?
          I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            From all the interviews and articles NW has done this summer he has repeatedly stated that he was set a budget which would have included salaries and fees so although we may have only spent close to £3m on fees we may have spent a lot more on salaries. 3 years ago the likes of Baidoo, Bignot, Timoska etc would have cost peanuts compared to the likes of Hulse, Kenny and Taraabt which eats into the budget and often isn't taken into account. Rather than having a budget to spend on fees, Warnock is having to include salaries as well and his comments today suggest that he is extremely happy with how he has been supported.

Comment

We`ve been very economical. we`re not Man City!! Ans im grateful for that

Comment

Working...
              X