Message to the Club - RE Tommy Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to the Club - RE Tommy Smith

Let's hope someone at the club read this forum or someone can pass this on.

The emergency loan rule states that we can only sign a player for a maximum of 93 days. If the club sign Tommy Smith tomorrow and the deal is ratified by the Football League tomorrow the deal will end on Friday December 10th. However if we delay signing him till Thursday the deal will end on Saturday 11th meaning that Smith will be eligible to play against Watford on the 11th.

Also note the failure to do the permanent signing in time means that with New Year's Day falling on a Saturday and we have an away match against Norwich it means any new deal for Smith is unlikely to be sanctioned until Monday 3rd at the earliest but with this being a Bank Holiday and the fact we have a home match against Bristol City it's unlikely that a permanent deal can be sanctioned until 4th at the earliest. Therefore if the club do don't delay his signing then he'll miss at least 6 matches (plus the game against Portsmouth) instead of 5.

Very good point and I would hope that someone working within the club will realise this.

Maybe if we had someone like yourself working at the club we wouldn't be making so many silly mistakes.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post

The emergency loan rule states that we can only sign a player for a maximum of 93 days. If the club sign Tommy Smith tomorrow and the deal is ratified by the Football League tomorrow the deal will end on Friday December 10th. However if we delay signing him till Thursday the deal will end on Saturday 11th meaning that Smith will be eligible to play against Watford on the 11th.

Also note the failure to do the permanent signing in time means that with New Year's Day falling on a Saturday and we have an away match against Norwich it means any new deal for Smith is unlikely to be sanctioned until Monday 3rd at the earliest but with this being a Bank Holiday and the fact we have a home match against Bristol City it's unlikely that a permanent deal can be sanctioned until 4th at the earliest. Therefore if the club do don't delay his signing then he'll miss at least 6 matches (plus the game against Portsmouth) instead of 5.
      Great piece of info, you seem to know everything there is to know about footie and are definitely Mr Statto.
      I would like to think that someone at the club would know this info anyway, if not they should do.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

im sure ted will let them know in the morning
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Tommy Smith

Why dont they dodge round it by agreeing a season long deal, but come JAN change their mind and make it perm, wont miss any game that way, not sure if it can be do though.

Comment

Relax SPC, Gianni has all the angles covered.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              Relax SPC, Gianni has all the angles covered.
              Fingers crossed my Cook shirt is covered as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                Fingers crossed my Cook shirt is covered as well.
                It will be covered with something else no doubt when you receive it

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  It will be covered with something else no doubt when you receive it
                  Covered with an autograph yes, I'm sure Uncle Gianni can sort that for me

Comment

really good post!

Comment

Working...
                    X