Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keane Nominated for Manager of the Month

Fri 03rd Sep 2010 16:31

Town boss Roy Keane has been nominated for the npower Championship Manager of the Month award for August. The Blues won three and drew one in the league and were victorious in two away Carling Cup ties during what was an injury-hit opening month of the season.

The other three shortlisted bosses are Millwall’s Kenny Jackett, Cardiff’s Dave Jones and Neil Warnock of QPR.

Speaking last week, Keane said he wasn’t particularly concerned about the gong: “If you think I’m interested in individual awards, either as a manager or a player, you clearly don’t know me.”

The last Town manager to win the award was Joe Royle in November 2004. Keane himself won in February and March 2007 when with Sunderland.

August’s winner will be announced on Thursday 9th September.

He will win because the 2 Carling Cup wins.

Comment

You could argue Kenny Jackett deserves it most with what he's had to work with.

Comment

I thought it was npower championship manager of the month. therefore carling cup doesn't matter? I could be wrong, probably am by the sounds of it.

Comment

Surrendering one of the few chances for the club to add something to the trophy cabinet is certainly not to be commended. We should have made an effort in the cup. Yeah, yeah, I know, concentrate on the league, blah blah.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Dave Jones will appeal to the Welsh FA if his doesnt win and get the result overturned.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Does anyone actually care?

I don't.

All about the big prize come May...

Comment

i hope we dont win it as its usually a curse!
                Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

I for one hope NW does not win any manager of the month awards except the May one. I have always thought it was a curse winning it. How many times over the last 15 years or so has the QPR manager won the award only to lose the next game(s)? Answer quite a few. Its a silly award imo means s0d all so good luck to Keano lets hope he gets presented with the award on the evening of the 14th
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                    Dave Jones will appeal to the Welsh FA if his doesnt win and get the result overturned.
                    LMAO
                    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Working...
                    X