Paperwork debacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paperwork debacle

I played golf this morning with the brother-in-law of the chairman of Hayes & Yeading FC who was upset by the failure to sign QPR's Brown on loan before the deadline.Apparently he was told by QPR that they blamed a secretary at QPR for not doing her job properly and submitting the paperwork on time.I wonder if this was the reason for the delay over Hulse and Smith.If so, shouldn't such important documents be handled by someone more senior to ensure the job is done properly in view of its importance to the future of the club and in view of the hard work put in by Warnock.

It could have been someone at Hayes who ****ed up and he's passing the blame, as people do....If not then yes it should be passed to someone who is more "on the ball" (Taarabt maybe :-)

Comment

I thought the deadline was for permanent signings. Why would this affect a loan deal?

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
        I played golf this morning with the brother-in-law of the chairman of Hayes & Yeading FC who was upset by the failure to sign QPR's Brown on loan before the deadline.Apparently he was told by QPR that they blamed a secretary at QPR for not doing her job properly and submitting the paperwork on time.I wonder if this was the reason for the delay over Hulse and Smith.If so, shouldn't such important documents be handled by someone more senior to ensure the job is done properly in view of its importance to the future of the club and in view of the hard work put in by Warnock.
        That makes no sense - they signed Brown on loan and the loan deadline is very different to the transfer deadline???
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          That makes no sense - they signed Brown on loan and the loan deadline is very different to the transfer deadline???

Good point,I didn't think to ask that - probably thinking about my next shot.
          Although I did read somewhere, I think it was Ceefax,that the paperwork didn't go through on time.

Comment

Why do some on here ALWAYS assume that the error is at our end. there are many different factors that go togther to put together any business deal.when you add the player..the agent..other clubs waiting for other players etc....it jut may not always be QPR's fault.

Some are never happier than when trying to blame their own club!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              All non-emergency loans have to be completed within the window as well. Only emergency loans can take place outside of the window. What this means is that rather than Hayes and Yeading having the player for both this weekend and for the whole of the period between now and Jan 1st the earliest they can have him is next Tuesday and only for 93 days. As Hayes and Yeading aren't affected by the international break and they too have games over the Christmas period it means he'll miss quite a few.

Too be honest I'm not even too sure if H&Y can sign players on emergency loan hence why the chairman might have been annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Why do some on here ALWAYS assume that the error is at our end. there are many different factors that go togther to put together any business deal.when you add the player..the agent..other clubs waiting for other players etc....it jut may not always be QPR's fault.

Some are never happier than when trying to blame their own club!

I'm not blaming my own club or assuming the error was at our end.I'm purely reporting what was said to me this morning and suggesting that this PERHAPS was the reason for the delays.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  All non-emergency loans have to be completed within the window as well. Only emergency loans can take place outside of the window. What this means is that rather than Hayes and Yeading having the player for both this weekend and for the whole of the period between now and Jan 1st the earliest they can have him is next Tuesday and only for 93 days. As Hayes and Yeading aren't affected by the international break and they too have games over the Christmas period it means he'll miss quite a few.

Too be honest I'm not even too sure if H&Y can sign players on emergency loan hence why the chairman might have been annoyed.

Good point SirPie,although I believe the loan was for just one month due to an injury to one of their defenders.

Comment

Good point SirPie,although I believe the loan was for just one month due to an injury to one of their defenders.
                    Good work SirPie, your response was full and frank as usual and was an eye opener. However, if what geejay says is correct, does it not qualify as an emergency loan deal? To cover an injury for one month only?
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

The Club Secretary is usually the most senior "football" employee at any Club. All transfers, registration documents, disciplinary and contractual matters have to be signed off by the Club Secretary.

Comment

Spot on Nodge and that applies to any football club big or small (village colts side)
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Except us of course as we don't have a Club Secretary. Paladini sacked her.

Comment

We do, Terri Springett. Not sure she wields the required amount of authority that the position needs. Especially with Paladini in the wings overseeing transfers.

NB - Briatore sacked Sheila Marson - not Paladini.

Comment

Good point,I didn't think to ask that - probably thinking about my next shot.
                              Although I did read somewhere, I think it was Ceefax,that the paperwork didn't go through on time.
                              How is the DeLorean running these days?

Comment

Working...
                              X