Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith

Still awaiting confirmation on him let's hope it goes through ok . What's the chances

Because this is linked to the Kitson/Lawrence deals - maybe more complicated?

Comment

would have thought more chances of it being approved if there's a chain? Good reason for being "late"..not that we were of course

Comment

99.9% certain
        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

What puzzles me is that there were people on here claiming he had already signed by lunchtime so cannot see why this was a late deal.

IF the ITK's were correct, then the paperwork should have been sent way before the deadline... Or did we try to register them both at the same time to save money on a fax?

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
            What puzzles me is that there were people on here claiming he had already signed by lunchtime so cannot see why this was a late deal.

IF the ITK's were correct, then the paperwork should have been sent way before the deadline... Or did we try to register them both at the same time to save money on a fax?
            Not wishing to appear rude, but how in hell would they know?

We all knew on Deadline day and before regarding the Smith signing, that these two were our main targets.It's easy to speculate and state what appears to be the obvious.

At the end of the day, there are about 15-20 people on here who constantly claim to have knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes.I'm sure that some of them are privvy to some sort of information, but others just seem to want to look good on the internet, in front of other people ,who don;'t know them.They then log of and go and logoff in the toilet i expect.

It is your job as a poster to decide whether or not your life depends on reading this kind of ...stuff.

Me - its official.Hulse has signed and im happy.If Smith's become official...i will be doubly happy.

Comment

I'd be happier with David Villa and Wayne Rooney.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Im sure when I was watching sky sports on transfer deadline day, that the Smith deal was announced before Hulse. Infact I dont even remember the Hulse deal being mentioned on Sky sports. So with that in mind surely the Smith deal is done and dusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Im sure when I was watching sky sports on transfer deadline day, that the Smith deal was announced before Hulse. Infact I dont even remember the Hulse deal being mentioned on Sky sports. So with that in mind surely the Smith deal is done and dusted.
                  As far as I heard, Smith was done. As some have mentioned, it seems we are in a chain and it's being held up due to other deals.

Personally, I can't see why? Surely, if we've agreed the fee, as well as terms with the player, any other deal is irrellevant?

What do I know.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

looked in a lot of places including skysports.com and in every squad both hulse and smith r in our squad so i would say its a formality!

Comment

so would I
                      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                        Not wishing to appear rude, but how in hell would they know?

We all knew on Deadline day and before regarding the Smith signing, that these two were our main targets.It's easy to speculate and state what appears to be the obvious.

At the end of the day, there are about 15-20 people on here who constantly claim to have knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes.I'm sure that some of them are privvy to some sort of information, but others just seem to want to look good on the internet, in front of other people ,who don;'t know them.They then log of and go and logoff in the toilet i expect.

It is your job as a poster to decide whether or not your life depends on reading this kind of ...stuff.

Me - its official.Hulse has signed and im happy.If Smith's become official...i will be doubly happy.
                        I've never read too much into the ITK stuff and always wait till it's on the offish. Doesn't bother me whether it was confirmed on Tuesday, Wednesday or next week tbh.

Actually think there's a few ITK's with egg on their faces at the moment because he clearly wasn't signed before lunchtime as they said.

Comment

Think this explains Smith hold up - taken from Pompey website. I assume they were waiting for Lawrence to sign before letting Smith go due to their lack of players.........................

"Liam Lawrence has admitted he was unsure about joining Pompey right up until the final few minutes of the transfer window – but has now pledged to rise to the challenge at his new club.
                          The Republic of Ireland midfielder agreed a four-year deal while on international duty in Dublin.

But he gave the green light only in the last few moments before the 6pm deadline as Pompey attempted to complete the double signing along with former Stoke team-mate Dave Kitson.

With Marc Wilson already at the Potters as part of the deal, and Kitson with the Blues, Lawrence's transfer was nowhere near as easy as he stood by a fax machine waiting to sign forms while preparing for the Euro 2010 qualifier with Armenia.

At one point in the negotiations, the 28-year-old midfielder was no longer a part of the complex deal but was then back in the picture later in the afternoon.

But while it is refreshing honesty from Lawrence to admit he was in two minds over the transfer, he is now eager to start a new phase of his career.

Lawrence explained: 'I did have to think about it and it took me to the last few minutes of the window closing to do it.

Comment

deals off due to qpr complacency.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              deals off due to qpr complacency.
                              Where did you hear that

Comment

Working...
                              X