Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
    Classic very funny, love the picture.

Pleased we have signed 2 players, although got to be honest not climbing the walls with excitement, but improvement on what we got.
    No need to backtrack. Stick to your guns...
    According to you, Rob Hulse is a "donkey".

!!
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Not back tracking, the point I was making was that we had not signed anyone at that time, I thought the window closed at 1800 and was yet again downhearted that the richest club in the championship had failed for the 5th consecutive year to sign a decent forward.

To be brutally honest we have failed to do that again. Hulse is a donkey and would not in anyone's top 5 strikers wanted if everyone is honest. Anyone that has played the game says that pace is the hardest thing to stop yet we do not have a single quick player, possibly Hogan and Pat are the only exceptions, Hulse is another Helgusson. Strong in the air, immobile and slow. Like for like replacement.

I would like a fox in the box, nimble and quick who would get on the end of Hulse/Helgusson flick on's.

Anyway it was a badly timed post and I deserve the criticism from some on here. However I still believe the essence of the post is fair.

Smith is a bit of an unknown quantity, good at Watford, anonymous at Pompey.
      :drunk:

Comment

Hulse is a donkey and would not in anyone's top 5 strikers wanted if everyone is honest. Anyone that has played the game says that pace is the hardest thing to stop yet we do not have a single quick player, possibly Hogan and Pat are the only exceptions, Hulse is another Helgusson. Strong in the air, immobile and slow. Like for like replacement.

I would like a fox in the box, nimble and quick who would get on the end of Hulse/Helgusson flick on's.

Ok, fair enough... and maybe Hulse wouldn't have been anyones number ONE choice - I don't think he was Warnocks, to be fair.
        We don't play 4-4-2. We switched to it at Derby out of desperation, and it worked. But that means that only one "proper striker" can start most games. And you wont get the kind of striker that you want to just sit on the bench, and wait until we go 2-0 down before he comes on.
        I really think Warnock has moved on from 4-4-2. (I wish Capello would!)

In Nobodies Top 5?? Can't agree with that sweeping statement.
        I can say with honesty that he was in my Top 5 list. He's very effective, and more mobile than he's given credit for, he's not just a lump... or a donkey.
        And as for his injuries... I'm sure someone showed the stat about him playing 90% of games over the past couple of seasons, and has only missed a few.

Take Chopra and Hooper for example - probably the two most wanted strikers on here over the summer?
        Chopra is crocked for 3 months, and Hooper is out for 2 months. It happens.

You dived in feet first with your post about how the club have let everyone down, our season is over etc... and regretted it 20 minutes later. Fair play for admitting it. No problem.
        How about not making the same mistake with Hulse, and not branding him a donkey, before he's even kicked a ball for us?
        Because Rob Hulse is no donkey.... ask Derby fans. And Leeds. And anyone else he's played for.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Classic very funny, love the picture.

Pleased we have signed 2 players, although got to be honest not climbing the walls with excitement, but improvement on what we got.
          This is so funny...and of course you're not excited, you have to try and save that egg on your face somehow!! pmsl

Comment

Larkspur, is your username connected with Larkspur Rovers by any chance as i used to manage a team about 5 years ago ?

Comment

the difference is that we actuly look capable of pushing a realistic challenge for the prem spots
              before we looked hopless and was full of expectations

how can any one moan when last year we signed pelacori this year we get hulse

no brainer for me

IN WARNOCK WE TRUST

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Working...
              X