Hard to complain at present.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to complain at present.....

....despite what was a poor performance today. Lady luck has certainly been on our side so far this season and you need that to sustain a promotion push IMO.

Today Derby was the better team they put 3 men on Adel and dominated the midfield, despite this we got the result and that is all that matters.

Warnock has a few days to resolve our striker problem and then a couple of weeks on the training pitch to address some of the issues which arose today. Its hard to complain when you take a possible 10/12 points at the start of the season. I don't believe any of the teams we've played so far will be in the mix at the end of the season and this is why its so important to stay grounded. September will give us a better idea which direction we are heading as we face far stiffer opposition than this month IMO.

We are going to have matches when the opposition take Adel out the game and this is when our other flair players need to come to fold and produce something. Ephriam was the invisible man today and Faurlin was ineffective sitting far to deep at times. We couldn't get the ball down and move it around, Derby closed us down al over the park and were first to the ball constantly. However, we battled and got the result and turned a bad day at the office into what felt like a win though we drew.

I do agree with Warnock I'd still have just inside the Play Offs to just outside but a couple of good signings this week will change that.
Working...
X