Varney and Roberts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varney and Roberts???

Now it looks as if we are getting both of these guys, probably on loan.

What I can't work out is that Warnock and all the fans have been saying for months we need a big powerful striker upfront. Ok, Helgusson is doing ok at the moment, but we can do so much better. West Brom had Bednar and Newcastle had Carroll. These guys lead the line.

Roberts and Varney are strikers who play off a big man.

It's worrying that this issue is not being addressed and apart from Kitson who is not coming our way and Kamara who is currently injured we are not being linked with any striker of this calibre.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Don't agree. I've always seen Roberts as a strong, mobile target man.

Like Furlong.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

Like Furlong.

Comment

I would like to see us buy them rather than loan them...

Varney i know nothing about to be honest, it does worry me that if we do indeed get him why he cant get in the Derby team, all ive been seeing on the links to the Derby boards is them saying how all there strikers Hulse included are injured, if this is true and Varney still cant get a look in then i really do start to worry...

Roberts is good but Carney is hardly iceing on the cake.. Abit of a anit climax on the striker front...

In saying that these message boards are full of bullsh1te so we may not even be in talks with Varney...

Whatever happens, we will all know within the next 5 days if were gonna buy anyone or not, after that we enter the loan market of premiership cast offs... No wonder Neil isnt too worried.
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I would add Leon Best to the equation too, depending how bad his current injury is
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

Like Furlong.
            Agreed. I wouldn't ever describe Roberts as someone who plays off a big man. He is the BIG man. He'd always had the ability to hold up play and score.

Comment

And NW has said OVER and OVER again that that if he had to take a loan signing,one would be the maximium.I see no point in loaning these two,buy them or dont bother(especially that Varney).

Comment

Tbh Leon Best, Jason Roberts and Helguson. Could be a lot worse. Think the comments regarding Leon Best are fairly unjust, he's looked strong, athletic and good in the air when I have seen him. I honestly think Warnock sees Varney as a utility player, can play left side, right side and through the middle. Bench warmer at best.
                15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Also, will blackburn not move Roberts on until this happens...

http://http://www.skysports.com/stor...339583,00.html

Otherwise could be left with 1 striker in their squad.
                  15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

I've always seen Roberts as the big target man, he should do well with the service provided by Adel, Mackie, Buzz and some other of our midfielders
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Jason Roberts has generally through out his career played with a big man. At West Brom it was him and that big northern fella.........forget his name. At Blackburn it was mainly Roque Santa Cruz.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        And NW has said OVER and OVER again that that if he had to take a loan signing,one would be the maximium.I see no point in loaning these two,buy them or dont bother(especially that Varney).
                        So you'd rather not sign Roberts if the only option was to loan him?

What is the problem with signing someone on loan can I ask?

If memory serves me right Pellicori was signed permanently and did nothing whilst Simpson scored 12 goals for us.

Comment

yes for roberts

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            Whats the point in paying out for something that you can loan or borrow!!!

What if said player gets injured or turns out to be a dud !!!!

You just send 'em back to where they came from

Jesus it's not rocket science !!

Comment

Working...
                            X