No announcement yet.

Quick question about matchday tickets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about matchday tickets.

Aint been down to LR yet this season but just ordered a ticket for the 'wall game over the net. I chose to "add access to membership card" or something like that. does that mean i just have to bring the membership card and swipe it to get in?

Yes
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

thats a very good idea.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Question is - did they still charge £3.50 admin?
        You booked it.
        No physical ticket to print.
        No postage.

Just wondered.

Comment

course they did, thieving *******s. so they have proper scanning systems then? bit advanced for us aint it

Comment

The £3.50 is a 'booking fee'.

That's what you pay for the pleasure of booking a ticket,whether a physical ticket is issued and posted or not.

License to print money.And many concert venues charge £7.50+ booking fees,so it could be much worse.

Comment

Booking fee is a total rip off. If you buy on debit card the transaction fee is 40p, if you buy on credit card its 2.75% so if you bought 3 adult tickets on credit card and they posted them 1st class it would cost QPR a max of £2.50 so they are still gaining a £1, buy them with a debit card and they make £2.68. ' his name is Robin? - Robin Bast**d'
              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Well I was on the verge of buying three tickets on-line for the Scunny game last week.
                £20 for me (Bronze paddocK) and £12 for two nippers each.
                £44? While still a fair whack - fairly decent value. Low enough for me to go ahead.

Then - they slapped on the £3.50 as I was about to pay taking it to £47.50.
                This tipped it over the edge for me. £3.50 aint a lot I know, but I was paying "about" £40 and suddenly it was "about" £50. (There is a consumer logic in there somewhere)
                So they lost my business.
                Wonder how many others may have done the same?

My loss I know as I miss-out on seeing my team for £3.50 - but sometimes, you have to say enough. Bit like setting an upper bid on Ebay.

Am I right to be peeved or just being a tightarse?

Comment

Originally posted by casuallyqpr View Post
                  Aint been down to LR yet this season but just ordered a ticket for the 'wall game over the net. I chose to "add access to membership card" or something like that. does that mean i just have to bring the membership card and swipe it to get in?
                  sounds like a wall fan to me
                  http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

It's only just over a quid for each ticket mate.Personally i would have paid it.I would rather have seen the game than worry over a quid a ticket.

Comment

With crowds of only 12K no need to book/pay in advance. Just turn up on the day! In answer to your question - tight ####!!!
                      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                        With crowds of only 12K no need to book/pay in advance. Just turn up on the day! In answer to your question - tight ####!!!
                        There will be no tickets for sale on the day.

That's what 'All Ticket' means.

Comment

Fair enough - I just like to choose seats and make sure my kids are next to me.
                          I know it's only £1 per ticket extra - but, it's like anything, how much more are you prepared to pay?
                          How far do you keep going up? I just thought £40'ish fair value - £50'ish not fair value.

Apparently, QPR charge this for the backroom staff admin charges. So- the tickets you buy on the day mysteriously print themselves do they?
                          Also, buying in advance gets the money in their pockets for longer and reduces the need for staff on match-days, which I would have thought would be more expensive as it's either weekends or evenings.

One last thing - my loss over £3.50 or the club's loss over £3.50? Depends which way you look at it really.
                          As I say, just wondered how many others have done the same and how much QPR have lost over it.

Moan over. Maybe I am just an old whinging git - I just get fed-up with being patronised over charges.

Comment

Greedy barstewards, when you buy with credit card online today you also print out your own tickets, thus saving them money, but they still charge you 3.50 extra ... greedy barstewards.
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Next time you call up the box office refuse to pay the £3.50, i would be interested to see if they will still turn your business down. If everyone did this then surely they would see how much they are actually losing and will in the end lower or scrap the fee.

Remember though, One man crusades are never won, it takes numbers.
                              Last edited by 80sCasual; 25-08-2010, 10:03 AM.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X