Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we find it so hard to sign anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
    Totally incorrect. I don't know the man but I have seen direct quotes from both managers,current and past, and players (most recently damien stewart) praising Gianni.

I have no love or hate for the man but don't start spouting rubbish on this or any other messageboard.
    please don't try and tell me what I can talk about on messageboards, who do you think you are? Secondly, surely your not naieve enough to believe what a professional says to a journalist he actually means?

Comment

here we go again

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by mccoyranger1 View Post
        IMO all of the players mentioned have Premier league or Champions league aspirations. Hooper mentioned the latter when he signed for Celtic. Walters cited Premier league footy when signing for Stoke. The others are either Premier League players already and would preferably want to stay there (whether they do or not is a different matter) or players already in our division who if they are to move clubs would probably feel they are worthy of a shot at the "big time".
        I think we have done very well to attract a few players of high calibre (Buzsaky, Taarabt, Kenny, etc) and hopefully with Neil in charge we can convince a few more to join, but I don't think we are as attractive a proposition as some people think. If this fantastic start continues that may change too, and come January we might be able to get in some real gems. I believe we will add one or two more before this window closes, loan or permanent too.

Maybe stating the obvious, but this is my take on the whole situation.

Really good post.

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
          Players are put off due to paladini being at the club. He is a laughing stock within the game, players are well aware of who he is and his reputation and ufortunatley for the near future at least, alot of players will give us a wide berth
          Terry without naming names I would find you to be incorrect, when spoken to players face to face they have not a bad word to say about the man and all seem to respect him, all of them say the same thing "Don't know why people give Gianni a hard time". They work with him and see him daily, we don't.

That's coming from players, not posters on messageboards.

Like I said I will not give a list of player names and would rather listen to players then someone from the outside.

Comment

Sprocket, Stewart was not the first and will not be the last.

Unfortunately our mate Terry Ball is influenced by what he reads on messageboards.

As for the original question, I would prefer to wait until the 25 man squads are announced. Can honestly say that no-one that has gone to the championship this window that I feel we have missed out on, obviously if you if you discount Bellamy.

I even saw a post about missing on Edgar Davids, why on earth is that a missed opportunity??
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Up to a point lord copper. yes there is still time but when the squad numbers are announced there won't be as the window will have closed, no?

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                Kingy hold on mate you are twisting the facts to suit your argument!

Chopra, Ambrose, Clyne and Speroni have not moved to anyone so to say we have "missed out" is a bit of an exaggeration. Kitson and Roberts are not concluded and I am confident that we will get at least one or both. Ched Evans, Walters and Hooper have all gone to Premiership clubs (or Celtic) who, tbh, we are never going to compete with. So a bit of a reality check needed Mr K.

Most transfers are messy and it's only because we focus on QPRs targets that we think that we are the only ones ho have problems. This is simply not the case! have a look at some other clubs MBs and you will se exactly the same moans and dissatisfaction with their signings (or lack of them)

Comment

Think the reason why our players all have good things to say about the clown paladin is pretty obvious,the bloke has no negotiating skills so just hands out big wages & contracts to them,hardly gonna say bad things then.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    Terry without naming names I would find you to be incorrect, when spoken to players face to face they have not a bad word to say about the man and all seem to respect him, all of them say the same thing "Don't know why people give Gianni a hard time". They work with him and see him daily, we don't.

That's coming from players, not posters on messageboards.

Like I said I will not give a list of player names and would rather listen to players then someone from the outside.
                    With all due respect I wish to stick to the topic myu and refrain from getting involved in a childish tit for tat about who has more friends.

As I said earlier, I believe that players are put off from joining us due to him being at the club. I don't doubt for one minute that SOME players like him and I can believe he probably does have an ammount of respect. The
                    problem is when you upset him and fall out with him, as many a person has found out

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
                      With all due respect I wish to stick to the topic myu and refrain from getting involved in a childish tit for tat about who has more friends.

As I said earlier, I believe that players are put off from joining us due to him being at the club. I don't doubt for one minute that SOME players like him and I can believe he probably does have an ammount of respect. The
                      problem is when you upset him and fall out with him, as many a person has found out

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Up to a point lord copper. yes there is still time but when the squad numbers are announced there won't be as the window will have closed, no?
                        Championship teams can still get players on loan after the window closes. So lets wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                        X