Big Sam sets Roberts target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Sam sets Roberts target

Sam Allardyce has told transfer-listed striker Jason Roberts he could still have a future at Blackburn.

Allardyce has not given Roberts a squad number yet and is listening to offers for the 32-year-old frontman.

The Rovers boss is eager to offload the former Wigan and West Brom striker before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

But if that does not happen, he has told Roberts he could still work his way back into his first-team plans.

"I have decided he is available for transfer and if I play him, I could risk him getting injured," Allardyce told the Daily Star. "That would be the wrong thing to do.

Decision
    "We have made a decision between us and we will see what develops in the next eight days.

"If he doesn't go anywhere, then he doesn't go anywhere.

"It is about being here and knuckling down and getting on with it, if that is the case.

"He would like to move on and if that is the case, we could use what money we get in to maybe top up someone else we haven't targeted at the moment."

or

Fulham is a typically diverse London area with something for everyone - from the hustle and bustle of North End Road Market, to the refined chicness of the iconic Fulham Road. It boasts superb pubs and restaurants, two Premier League football clubs and excellent transport links.

JASON Roberts' move to QPR hinges on how much Blackburn will pay towards his £30k-a-week wages.

We exclusively revealed last week that Neil Warnock was back in for the 32-year-old on loan after being priced out of a permanent swoop for the striker.

The Rangers boss has held talks with the player's representatives – uncles Otis and Cyrille Regis – with Roberts keen on a return to London.

However, the sticking point is his wages, with QPR only willing to stump up a third at best and hoping Rovers will make up the £20k shortfall

Comment

I'd say go up to £15k, half each, but according to Big Sam quote it looks like they want to sell him rather than loan him out!

Comment

Roberts AND Kitson in by Friday
        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

a third? FFS we are desperate for a striker and we offer 10k of his wages.

It is no suprise we always lose out on top players.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Oldhoop don't you start.

This board has more ITK's than members.

Comment

IMO this will show the boards real intent as to whether they are serious or not about us being more than just contenders and I am talking about both Kitson and Roberts.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Oldhoop don't you start.

This board has more ITK's than members.
                Sorry mate!!! Don't want to join the ITK crowd but just passing on reliable info from a trusted friend
                oldhoop

Comment

lets hope your right, these next 2 signings are make or break to our season. We have ****** all cover for Helguson and its a frightening thought. One last push come on amit, clear away those cobwebs and make the difference. 2 good strikers and I can smell the premiership. urrrrrrssss

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                    IMO this will show the boards real intent as to whether they are serious or not about us being more than just contenders and I am talking about both Kitson and Roberts.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      lets hope your right, these next 2 signings are make or break to our season. We have ****** all cover for Helguson and its a frightening thought. One last push come on amit, clear away those cobwebs and make the difference. 2 good strikers and I can smell the premiership. urrrrrrssss
                      Listen I will only believe it when I see it officially but we MUST be due to sign two "names" and everything points to these two coming. We can then start to really believe that this could be our year.
                      oldhoop

Comment

that big sam talk is utter bull shite. he will never play roberts again, hes trying to do a neil on neil and say
                        'hurry up and take him before someone else does mate, hes a good player, still good enough to face chelsea i promise'.

Comment

Working...
                        X