Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing the crowds back - Please read

Hi everyone,

I very rarely post on here but am a keen reader of threads. I feel, as I am sure all Rangers fans do, that we should be filling our ground up.

I know that there are good reasons for supporters attendance lapsing in recent years; recession, poor football and strange boardroom decsions probably being the biggest turn offs for supporters.

As a passionate rangers fan, it irritates me when I see such small attendances of late, particularly now that that feelgood factor is returning.

Taking inspiration from how Palace supporters mobilised a large group to protest outside a bank head office, which resulted in their club being saved, I am proposing that we, the loyal fans, take this into our own hands to address the situation.

Ticket prices are what they are. For this season at least they wont be going down. They are very unlikely to be going down next season. This is the reality. It's no good banging on about this any more.

We need to speak to our mates who are lapsed supporters, and tell them about the great football we have been watching lately. Tell them about the magic of Taarabt and the passion that the team are showing this year.

We need to fill the ground and make some noise. We, the loyal fans, CAN make a difference.

Any ideas about how we can use the internet etc... to help promote this would be welcomed? I had the idea to set up a facebook group, but do you all think that this would make a difference?

Please leave your comments, but lets keep them positive.

How can we, the fans, get everyone back to Loftus Road?

This seems like a question directly from the club

Comment

Not a bad 6th post, welcome to the board but what you are asking is something we have all been asking ourselves for a while i don't think a facebook group is going to help, people will come back when they want, yes we can prompt them but it is their decision in the end whatever their reasons.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 2touch View Post
        Hi everyone,

I very rarely post on here but am a keen reader of threads. I feel, as I am sure all Rangers fans do, that we should be filling our ground up.

I know that there are good reasons for supporters attendance lapsing in recent years; recession, poor football and strange boardroom decsions probably being the biggest turn offs for supporters.

As a passionate rangers fan, it irritates me when I see such small attendances of late, particularly now that that feelgood factor is returning.

Taking inspiration from how Palace supporters mobilised a large group to protest outside a bank head office, which resulted in their club being saved, I am proposing that we, the loyal fans, take this into our own hands to address the situation.

Ticket prices are what they are. For this season at least they wont be going down. They are very unlikely to be going down next season. This is the reality. It's no good banging on about this any more.

We need to speak to our mates who are lapsed supporters, and tell them about the great football we have been watching lately. Tell them about the magic of Taarabt and the passion that the team are showing this year.

We need to fill the ground and make some noise. We, the loyal fans, CAN make a difference.

Any ideas about how we can use the internet etc... to help promote this would be welcomed? I had the idea to set up a facebook group, but do you all think that this would make a difference?

:clap:

I watched the extended highlights coming home from work today and would love to be able to post them on facebook to show the world how well we are playing at the moment.
        It would be fantastic to see a full house for the 'Boro game. Watching Adel in the form he is in at the moment is worth the £30 alone.
        Just wish we could fill the stadium and get behind the team to help drive them on to the next 3 pts but have no idea what is going to get the fans back

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
          This seems like a question directly from the club

Well it's not from the club. So some serious suggestions please?

If it was from the club you would know anyway right? You are itk after all!

Comment

Originally posted by 2touch View Post
            Hi everyone,

I think what you have to bear in mind is, people are still on Holiday (August), there is a recession ongoing with the likelyhood of a double dip and job cuts come October and finally people are watching and waiting to see how we do after 8 games before deciding to buy a ticket.

Comment

Move the family section back to the ellersie would be a start IMO. The loft should be the hub of atmos and I know from sitting there a couple of times your frightened about singing majority of songs as not to upset little ones

Comment

Move the family section back to the ellersie would be a start IMO. The loft should be the hub of atmos and I know from sitting there a couple of times your frightened about singing majority of songs as not to upset little ones
                Fair comment. When the fans do come back, The atmosphere needs to be rocking to make them remember what they have been missing. Also the family stand should probably be covered!

Comment

I think thats most peoples opinion but how can we actually get something done about it.
                  Someone fancy writing a letter to the club? Maybe we could get up a petition.
                  Queens Park Rangers
                  NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

save for a spell during and after oldham play off game there aint been much of a an atmosphere at the rangers since the early 90s
                    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                    London Pride is a flower that's free.
                    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                      I think what you have to bear in mind is, people are still on Holiday (August), there is a recession ongoing with the likelyhood of a double dip and job cuts come October and finally people are watching and waiting to see how we do after 8 games before deciding to buy a ticket.
                      I do understand that. I feel that we try to do something about this though. We all care about our club. This forum is a great place to reach rangers fans online, but members can help by picking up the phone and inviting some mates down to the next game. Tell them to bring friends too.

I really believe that using the web in conjunction with word of mouth that we really can make a difference.

Comment

Flavio caused this by inflating st prices and promising the world to fans.
                        For me qpr is about seeing my mates, having a beer and crack and watching the team I love, qpr have allready got me!!
                        I know it's corny but I don't think an hr passes when I don't think about the hoops!!
                        So whatever the price within reason I will find a way to be there!

Comment

dont worry yourself about it mate, it will be 3 to a seat as per usual next season when man u get here.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                            save for a spell during and after oldham play off game there aint been much of a an atmosphere at the rangers since the early 90s
                            I agree, it's poor! I know it's a bit cheesy, but in Germany a bloke stands at front of the stand leading the singing with a loudhailer. It's very effective. I watch football in germany at least once a season with a bayern supporting friend. I think the clubs give them free tickets!

Comment

Flavio caused this by inflating st prices and promising the world to fans.
                              For me qpr is about seeing my mates, having a beer and "crack" and watching the team I love, qpr have allready got me!!
                              I know it's corny but I don't think an hr passes when I don't think about the hoops!!
                              So whatever the price within reason I will find a way to be there!
                              you is hardcore.i have a sniff and suchlike and that will do it for me.but each to their own.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X