Without Cheating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
    Here's 3 more......SirPie you're the man......

I keep reading/hearing about it being the 1st time in 63 years since we last won the 1st 3 games on the season - so 1947.

But when was the last time we won.....

The 1st 4 league games ?

The 1st 5 league games ?

What is our record start regards consecutive Wins ?
    brightonr is indeed correct. In 1947/48 in the English Division Three (South) we won our opening 5 matches. For some reason we played Brighton twice within the first four fixtures winning 5-0 away and 2-0 at home.

We also beat Norwich on the opening day of the season 3-1 at home, Bristol Rovers 1-0 and Northampton Town 2-0. The team that stopped our run was in an away fixture to Notts County but two games later we again for reasons unknown to me played them at home and duly beat them.

That season we won 9 of the opening 10 matches. If it hadn't been for goal difference after the opening match we would have spent the whole season in first place. 5 other teams won the opening fixture with better goal difference than us but after we beat Brighton for the first time we stayed top for the entire season.

We even managed to win the odd match in the FA Cup something else which hasn't been achieved too regularly in our history.

Comment

Good god SirPie....fine effort.

So is 5 games our best winning start ever ? (Consecutive)

Winning FA Cup games ? Something we don't do anymore....or in 1926....why in 1926 ?

Comment

Any idea ? Regards both questions ?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
          Any idea ? Regards both questions ?
          Sorry only just seen this. Same problem as yesterday I can't access the one website which I know of (Statto) which has this information from work. I'll look later when I'm home.

Comment

Working...
          X