Warnock keen to strike..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock keen to strike..

He says we missed out on 2 strikers last week. Walters obviously being one, who was the other??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...331355,00.html

Marlon King?

Comment

Jay Simpson
      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        He says we missed out on 2 strikers last week. Walters obviously being one, who was the other??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...331355,00.html
        Would love for him to have said who the other one was. He said he spent 8 hours in the office trying to do one deal and 14 hours the next day trying to do another - neither came off so maybe I should try a different style is what he said to Brazil on Sunday
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Ask your plumber
          Just jesting mate.

I'm not sure both were strikers though. He said he wants two more strikers, and that he's missed out on two players, but didn't specify the positions?

It could of course been Roberts as it seems we were in talks and have now re-openned them.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            Would love for him to have said who the other one was. He said he spent 8 hours in the office trying to do one deal and 14 hours the next day trying to do another - neither came off so maybe I should try a different style is what he said to Brazil on Sunday
            That's interesting Blue.

Obviously putting in the graft to snare a striker or 2 but why are we not getting these players?

Not offering enough wages?
            Bigger clubs coming in for our targets?
            They don't want to play for QPR?

I'd love to no the real reasons why we haven't signed a striker fit to do the job.

Comment

I think Roberts will come on loan similar deal to Bellamy where the home club pays half his wages, but Warnock I think wants 2 more permanent strikers
              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Scotland fee was agreed

Comment

I can not see NW playing a rigid 4-4-2, as it would not allow Taarabt to do what he does best, so it looks like we will go with 1 up front, so why would 2 top strikers drop a league, to possibly sit on a bench.

Comment

Agree with Moon. Think it might have been Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
                      Scotland fee was agreed
                      If that's true, it's very worrying.

Walters is ok, as Prem football over CCC is a no brainer for most, but if by this, you mean that Ipswich and ourselves both had the chance to speak to him, I'd be disappointed that we were less of an attraction than the Tracktor Boys.
                      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                        That's interesting Blue.

Obviously putting in the graft to snare a striker or 2 but why are we not getting these players?

Not offering enough wages?
                        Bigger clubs coming in for our targets?
                        They don't want to play for QPR?

I'd love to no the real reasons why we haven't signed a striker fit to do the job.
                        I listened to the first hour of the show on Sunday because this is when they discuss Rangers game and stuff. For whatever reason no one touched on why we "lost out" but NW was very specific that he put in these shifts for just 2 players and without success. Sadly they don't take calls on this show so it is a pain. My guess though is the calbre of player he is chasing is higher than we are used to - they probs want to stay in the Prem but also want mint wages to drop and as soon as someone offers Prem league we lose.....so lets hope South is still right about Roberts and we finally do get him at the very least
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I listened to the first hour of the show on Sunday because this is when they discuss Rangers game and stuff. For whatever reason no one touched on why we "lost out" but NW was very specific that he put in these shifts for just 2 players and without success. Sadly they don't take calls on this show so it is a pain. My guess though is the calbre of player he is chasing is higher than we are used to - they probs want to stay in the Prem but also want mint wages to drop and as soon as someone offers Prem league we lose.....so lets hope South is still right about Roberts and we finally do get him at the very least
                          They would more than likely want assurances they would be playing and not sitting on the bench.

Comment

My guess though is the calbre of player he is chasing is higher than we are used to
                            I think this is the key line in your post Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              If that's true, it's very worrying.

Walters is ok, as Prem football over CCC is a no brainer for most, but if by this, you mean that Ipswich and ourselves both had the chance to speak to him, I'd be disappointed that we were less of an attraction than the Tracktor Boys.
                              Nothing you can do sometimes benny.

If rumours are to be believed big pull for Walters was being up north, perhaps the same go's for Scotland who would rather be up north than down south..

Normally id agree, i think we have much more to offer a player than Ipswich...
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                              X