Savage vs Taarabt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
    i expect savage to be more attack minded as derby are at home. thus leaving space for adel
    No chance mate.

His sole role will be to nullify Taarabt's threat. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

I apologise to everyone for saying something as simple "This is one game where I would not play Adel from the start, as Savage will follow him like a shadow and could not only blunt his effectiveness, but show every other team in the league how to play against him. Play Buzz and bring Taarabt on when the game is won" as Mork and Mindy have ruined another good thread.

Comment

Derry will sort Sav out - no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          I apologise to everyone for saying something as simple "This is one game where I would not play Adel from the start, as Savage will follow him like a shadow and could not only blunt his effectiveness, but show every other team in the league how to play against him. Play Buzz and bring Taarabt on when the game is won" as Mork and Mindy have ruined another good thread.
          This thread hasn't been ruined Paul, your comments have been absolutely priceless

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
            For once Paul, I agree, it was a very simple thing to say.

Comment

Rsonist I like your avatar of Damion Stewart but he has left now?
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                Derry will sort Sav out - no worries.

Have a look at my reply!!:shy::shy:
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

To be fair, Paul has a point.

Derby's coaching staff will be looking at ways to nullify Taarabt and be spending this week drilling those routines into Savage and the rest of the midfield and defenders. To take Taarabt out of that mix would throw Derby completely IMO. Adel is still tiring sharply after 60 mins and at some point this season, we will need to use him to stretch defences in the last 15 minutes. At the moment, he can't do that as his fitness levels won't allow him.

Would be an interesting and valid choice IMO and I don't think it would knock his confidence one iota. However, his confidence is sky high and the team are flying so not worth changing - hopefully we can get a goal early and close the game out.

Good point though Paul. Certainly not worth the vitriol some have poured on to the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post

Derby's coaching staff will be looking at ways to nullify Taarabt and be spending this week drilling those routines into Savage and the rest of the midfield and defenders. To take Taarabt out of that mix would throw Derby completely IMO. Adel is still tiring sharply after 60 mins and at some point this season, we will need to use him to stretch defences in the last 15 minutes. At the moment, he can't do that as his fitness levels won't allow him.

Would be an interesting and valid choice IMO and I don't think it would knock his confidence one iota. However, his confidence is sky high and the team are flying so not worth changing - hopefully we can get a goal early and close the game out.

Good point though Paul. Certainly not worth the vitriol some have poured on to the idea.

Disagree totally Nodge.

Would Utd drop Rooney?

You play to your strengths , dont change OUR gameplan to suit another team.

Its Derby County FFS, not Barcelona.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                      Disagree totally Nodge.

Would Utd drop Rooney?

You play to your strengths , dont change OUR gameplan to suit another team.

Its Derby County FFS, not Barcelona.
                      Yes - they do and they have. For big European games as well as "resting" him for some PL games.

Remember Derby are the home team - playing in front of 30k of their own fans - sometimes we need to be a little bit clever and think outside the box. As I side, I wouldn't advocate the change but think it is a tactic with enormous validity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post

Disagree.

The same can be said for every team we play for the rest of the season, why wrap Taarabt in cotton wool now?

Also why wait to bring Taarabt on to turn a game due to his fasting when it would be far more advisable to take him off after than 60 mins than to bring him on for the last 30 mins. We've had every match won by the hr mark in the league this season, why do think that is?

Comment

Alex Ferguson once said regarding Scholes/Beckham & Giggs.
                          " I will always start with them, get the game in the bag, then take them off 2nd half on about 60 mins"
                          Much easier that way, win the game 1st, dont go chasing.

Imagine we drop Adel then lose the game, everyone on here will be asking

"Why was Adel not started?"

Im being deadly serious, I see NO benefit in not starting Adel, take him off if winning but no way dont start him!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Alex Ferguson once said regarding Scholes/Beckham & Giggs.
                            " I will always start with them, get the game in the bag, then take them off 2nd half on about 60 mins"
                            Much easier that way, win the game 1st, dont go chasing.

Imagine we drop Adel then lose the game, everyone on here will be asking

"Why was Adel not started?"

Im being deadly serious, I see NO benefit in not starting Adel, take him off if winning but no way dont start him!
                            Mate the way Adel is playing we could have the game won after 30 mins on Sat, why allow Derby to get into the game it just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Play Hogan in the hole and Taraabt to the left/ right. That way Savage will either be drawn to mark Taarabt out of position or will be marking Hogan instead. Leaving the space available to be exploited. Warnock is alot more tactically aware than all of us. He was in charge for Derby at home last season which was a horrible game and would have seen the job Savage did on Taarabt. What people are also forgetting is Adel has improved in strength and ability and will be aware teams will aim to mark him out of the game. If that wasn't Nigel Adkins' tactic on Saturday, the man shouldn't be managing a championship side. Teams of lesser ability than us like Derby, Scunthorpe etc will believe if you stop Tarrabt u stop Rangers and Warnock will be wise to this.
                              15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Ads1985 View Post
                                Play Hogan in the hole and Taraabt to the left/ right. That way Savage will either be drawn to mark Taarabt out of position or will be marking Hogan instead. Leaving the space available to be exploited. Warnock is alot more tactically aware than all of us. He was in charge for Derby at home last season which was a horrible game and would have seen the job Savage did on Taarabt. What people are also forgetting is Adel has improved in strength and ability and will be aware teams will aim to mark him out of the game. If that wasn't Nigel Adkins' tactic on Saturday, the man shouldn't be managing a championship side. Teams of lesser ability than us like Derby, Scunthorpe etc will believe if you stop Tarrabt u stop Rangers and Warnock will be wise to this.
                                If my memory serves me correct that Derby game was a match of pure hoofball tactics which Warnock employed due to a very poor surface because of heavy rain that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X