• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
    Jeffro fair play ! Respect that
    Cheers Singing

Comment

I hated furs first season really didn't give bloke a chance, I learnt a lot after that

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        Yes I decided to see if I had maybe been a little harsh on this guy..

Well as far as footballing ability goes, I think Derry is exactly what we need to get out of this league, he mixes it up and allows others to play.
        Having Taarabt so close to him also helps him as all he needs to do is win the ball and pass it straight away, so in essence, having such quality around him actually helps his game.

What I saw yesterday though was something which we have lacked for years, and that was a "savvy" knowledgable player.

An example :

Soon as Adel got booked for diving; the 1st player there was Derry, right in the refs face, explaining probably that, Adel is that type of player and to watch out people are clattering him all game.

Right on half time, Derry walked side by side from centre circle all way to tunnle, with the ref, again I would think reminding him to lay off Adel and to watch the tackles.

He did something very similar last season at Selhurst , when playing against us for Palace... Tosic put a bad challenge in, soon as it happened, Derry was straight over there in the refs face and what looked like a warning turned into a yellow card for Tosic...meanwhile Leigertwood stood watching, saying nothing.

Very clever by Warnock to give adel the armband as Derry will be talking whether he is skipper or not.

Well done Neil, Well done Shaun... I apologise.

Though I was spot on, to persist in signing Adel when others said F him, he doesnt want to join us blah blah..I think he was committed as ever yesterday.
        fair play jeffro,great post

Comment

The one thing I'd say about Derry is that I don't think he has the stamina for a full 90 minutes - NW always seems to sub him at some point in the 2nd half.

That is not a criticism, just an observation. If the guy gives 110% for 70 minutes every Saturday, as he is doing at the moment, he certainly deserves to be in the team.

Comment

Yea you're spot on with this I noticed the same thing it's good to have a player of his experience constantly talking to the ref without going overboard. And his breaking up of the play is very good also!

Comment

We've got the gaffer for that!

Comment

Working...
              X