I watched Shaun Derry very closely yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Shaun Derry very closely yesterday

Yes I decided to see if I had maybe been a little harsh on this guy..

Well as far as footballing ability goes, I think Derry is exactly what we need to get out of this league, he mixes it up and allows others to play.
    Having Taarabt so close to him also helps him as all he needs to do is win the ball and pass it straight away, so in essence, having such quality around him actually helps his game.

What I saw yesterday though was something which we have lacked for years, and that was a "savvy" knowledgable player.

An example :

Soon as Adel got booked for diving; the 1st player there was Derry, right in the refs face, explaining probably that, Adel is that type of player and to watch out people are clattering him all game.

Right on half time, Derry walked side by side from centre circle all way to tunnle, with the ref, again I would think reminding him to lay off Adel and to watch the tackles.

He did something very similar last season at Selhurst , when playing against us for Palace... Tosic put a bad challenge in, soon as it happened, Derry was straight over there in the refs face and what looked like a warning turned into a yellow card for Tosic...meanwhile Leigertwood stood watching, saying nothing.

Very clever by Warnock to give adel the armband as Derry will be talking whether he is skipper or not.

Well done Neil, Well done Shaun... I apologise.

Though I was spot on, to persist in signing Adel when others said F him, he doesnt want to join us blah blah..I think he was committed as ever yesterday.

I thought you were laughing how bad he was when we played against Palace last season - it was in your sig?

Comment

Good post, so why did you slate him even make it part of your signature before a ball was kicked? This isn't a dig. Many others have done this too, but to get on players backs like Derry, mackie and hill before the season started had build a negative vibe, fair play though for what you have just said

Comment

Good spot, something a load of people (me included) would not have noticed, good idea to concentrate on an individual, things like this go unnoticed. You should be a scout.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Hahahahahhhaaaa
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
            I thought you were laughing how bad he was when we played against Palace last season - it was in your sig?
            Because he was... Adel mugged him off twice and I though why would I want him playing for my team...

Its early days but he has played well so far. And you cant buy knowledge that Derry has!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev´s wife View Post
              Hahahahahhhaaaa
              Pointless post from I would say, one of the most insignificant posters if not the most on here.

Comment

Ok fair enough but That is a rubbish example, there won't be a player in the league that adel doesn't mug off this season!

All im saying is the apointment of nw signals stability so we should have given him the chance to get on with it before passing judgement. The board is backing the gaffer he's buying his players. We won't always agree on players but they are his players.
                But holding your hands up is decent

Comment

Peter Reid was like that when he was here
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                    Ok fair enough but That is a rubbish example, there won't be a player in the league that adel doesn't mug off this season!

All im saying is the apointment of nw signals stability so we should have given him the chance to get on with it before passing judgement. The board is backing the gaffer he's buying his players. We won't always agree on players but they are his players.
                    But holding your hands up is decent
                    Singing, I will always hold my hands up if wrong just as I will tell you all when Im right and when many others on there, were saying F Taarabt, why sign someone who doesnt wanna be here, were his last choice; I carried on telling everyone why this player will be the best signing we have ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post

Well as far as footballing ability goes, I think Derry is exactly what we need to get out of this league, he mixes it up and allows others to play.
                      Having Taarabt so close to him also helps him as all he needs to do is win the ball and pass it straight away, so in essence, having such quality around him actually helps his game.

What I saw yesterday though was something which we have lacked for years, and that was a "savvy" knowledgable player.

An example :

Soon as Adel got booked for diving; the 1st player there was Derry, right in the refs face, explaining probably that, Adel is that type of player and to watch out people are clattering him all game.

Right on half time, Derry walked side by side from centre circle all way to tunnle, with the ref, again I would think reminding him to lay off Adel and to watch the tackles.

He did something very similar last season at Selhurst , when playing against us for Palace... Tosic put a bad challenge in, soon as it happened, Derry was straight over there in the refs face and what looked like a warning turned into a yellow card for Tosic...meanwhile Leigertwood stood watching, saying nothing.

Very clever by Warnock to give adel the armband as Derry will be talking whether he is skipper or not.

Though I was spot on, to persist in signing Adel when others said F him, he doesnt want to join us blah blah..I think he was committed as ever yesterday.
                      I think Gavin Mahon did the same roll last season equally as well, if not better, than Derry.

Comment

An example :

Jeffro its not against the law to change your opinion about things as long as you can put reasoning to your argument that's the most important thing.

Your one of a handful of posters on here who's opinions I really look out for. You don't strike me as the sort of supporter who misses 10 mins of each half to squeeze a couple more beers in or spends the majority of the game pointing at the opposition fans calling them inbreds. You watch the game closely and thus are able to start a thread like this.

Comment

Pointless post from I would say, one of the most insignificant posters if not the most on here.

Thats true. But have to say You are one of the most significant one. Especially when it comes to judge new signings...

Much better than Warnock and Mick Jones.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Jeffro fair play ! Respect that

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                              Jeffro its not against the law to change your opinion about things as long as you can put reasoning to your argument that's the most important thing.

Your one of a handful of posters on here who's opinions I really look out for. You don't strike me as the sort of supporter who misses 10 mins of each half to squeeze a couple more beers in or spends the majority of the game pointing at the opposition fans calling them inbreds. You watch the game closely and thus are able to start a thread like this.
                              W12, likewise... You always make a strong case and sensible reasoning.
                              Listen, its been 3 games and a long way off POTY, but so far Derry has impressed...

At least I unlike others am able to give an opinion and if changed, a reasonable explanation behind it..

All the Adel bashers have gone into hiding , probably watching BBC i player and telling their mates how good he is now.

You see the likes of myself , W12 , Vblock, Hammersmith know what we're talking about...as does Benny and Goddard.... off the top of my head..

Where's Mr Mason?? How does it go " Bashing one out under his rainmack" on Adels performance yesterday!!

Comment

Working...
                              X