Where would he fit in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would he fit in?

Warnock is happy with the rest of his squad and said the return of Martin Rowlands was particularly exciting.

“I'm hoping to have him on board in the next fortnight,” Warnock said.

“He's busting a gut at the moment and that will be a fantastic [addition] for us. I couldn't buy anybody better than him.”

I know he rates him highly and tried to sign him once, but who would you drop?

Obvious one is back-up in case Derry gets injured or loses form. Rowly used to play on the wing, so could probably also play as part of the front three.

I could see him making frequent appearances as a second half sub if everyone stays fit - this may work for Martin - he'll be an active part of the team but stand a better chance of getting through the season without serious injury.

If we keep playing as well as we have so far this season its not going to be easy to break into this team
    Last edited by hogbag; 22-08-2010, 08:34 PM.

Comment

he would replace borrowdale on the bench

Comment

Think he will be on the bench.Or will start if Derry gets injured or suspended.Can't see him replacing anyone in the team on ability.

Comment

i agree Stan

Comment

Rowlands could be very good for us away from home.. him derry and faurlin + our defense would be quite hard to break down at tough places..
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

straight swap fpr Derry. A fit Rowlands would get in the team ahead of Derry IMO

Comment

Originally posted by W6hoops View Post
                straight swap fpr Derry. A fit Rowlands would get in the team ahead of Derry IMO
                Not the same player IMO and would leave us more open, I think Rowlands will fill in various place across the midfield depending on injuries/suspensions/cup games!

Comment

Originally posted by W6hoops View Post
                  Derry does the simple thing and does not give the ball away whereas Rowlands does IMO

Comment

Working...
                  X