Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helguson and his chances..

the man is an enigma!

Seriously tho, he has the ability to always be in the right place at the right time and somehow doesnt convert those chances.

I'm a supporter of HH and i really hope the best for him.. but i really worry.. that the chances he misses are ones that should be converted and subsequently ones that could be the difference between us getting a playoff spot and missing out.

Now the ideal thing would be to get in a more prolific goalscorer.. HOWEVER.. i fear that in the current financial climate we cant afford one who gets into the positions that HH does.

I would go out on a limb here and say that if we was to have any other striker say agyemang, clarke, vine, german or even playing mackie up top - none of them would get into the positions Helguson does.

i didnt go yesterday, but from seeing barnsley, and both hightlights of the other two games it does make me worry he misses the easy chances yet somehow converts the hard ones or even manages to win us penalties (currently 2)
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

The finishing seems to be the one part of Heidar's game that is lacking at the moment.He is excellent in the air and has good ball control.

If he could get his finishing sorted he would be excellent.

Comment

Trust him, give him time and stop moaning. Has scored 2 in 3 games ffs. He´s more important to our game than many of us think.

Comment

HH misses far too many chances - bring back Eric Sabin...

Comment

People very much underestimate Helguson. Yes he does miss chances but he has far more opportunities to score than any of our other strikers due to his better awareness of where to place himself on the pitch.

The guy won countless headers yesterday. Furthermore, he won many free kicks. He is very astute in terms of the way he backs into defenders without being caught and in general I believe he has far more to his game than being just an out and out striker.

This guy will score 15-20 goals this season and will make a good partner to another out and out striker.

People will be singing his name in the not too distant future.

Well done Neil Warnock in giving this guy another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
            People very much underestimate Helguson. Yes he does miss chances but he has far more opportunities to score than any of our other strikers due to his better awareness of where to place himself on the pitch.

The guy won countless headers yesterday. Furthermore, he won many free kicks. He is very astute in terms of the way he backs into defenders without being caught and in general I believe he has far more to his game than being just an out and out striker.

This guy will score 15-20 goals this season and will make a good partner to another out and out striker.

People will be singing his name in the not too distant future.

Well done Neil Warnock in giving this guy another chance.
            Amen to everything but partnering another striker. Think we should stick with this system.

Comment

the fans were singing his name in the upper loft & encouraging him when he missed a couple of easy chances, but in fairness he did have a good game, should have had a hat trick though

Comment

Lots of talk about how hard NW's working to get two strikers in probably doesn't do a lot for HH's confidence though.
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

H.H put in a good all round display yesterday sure will start to score consistanly given a fair crack at it one good thing is at least he is getting in the positions to score

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                    Lots of talk about how hard NW's working to get two strikers in probably doesn't do a lot for HH's confidence though.
                    To be fair, Warnock said that the new players would not walk straight into the team, but it is quite clear that we need greater strength in depth up front and a bit of competition will keep Helguson on his toes.

Furthermore, Helguson should know that Warnock rates him. Warnock knows that Helguson has a decent strike rate and it is a case of getting him to show that form for us.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      H.H put in a good all round display yesterday sure will start to score consistanly given a fair crack at it one good thing is at least he is getting in the positions to score
                      As a midfielder it is great having someone like Helguson up front, someone that can run into space. Ephrahim found him on a couple of occasions yesterday. Compare that with the static like Agyemang ad you see a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
                        the fans were singing his name in the upper loft & encouraging him when he missed a couple of easy chances, but in fairness he did have a good game, should have had a hat trick though
                        Made a refreshing change from a barrage of abuse don't you think ?

I suspect that he probably noticed it too.

Comment

and another good thread re Helguson.

i do talk a lot of sense at times.

Comment

You do it all of the time.

You´re welcome
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Just not on here, obviously.......
                              A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Working...
                              X