Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-0, top of the league and....

loving it.

We crushed Scunthorpe. If it hadn't been for their keeper - and some poor Heidar Helguson finishing, we would have won about 9-2 (they had two very good chances to score).

PLAYERS OF THE GAME? Adel Tarrabt. He's on fire at the moment. He was absolutely incredible, constantly worrying Scuthorpe's defenders and midfielders. His passing and set-pieces were also incredible, and every time he was on the ball, he had us all on our feet. Wow. I'd also like to throw out ANOTHER player of the game - Scunthorpe goalkeeper Joe Murphy, who was exceptional.

WELCOME BACK....to Akos Buszaky. He looked hungry, fit and had a wonderful curling strike that Murphy saved. Sadly for him, the midfield now looks ultra-competitive.

PLEASE DON'T COME BACK....
    Fitz Hall. We don't miss you.

IF WE'RE BEING CRITICAL... Heidar Helguson worked his #### off, his positioning was near-perfect, the goal he took was tremendous......but his four misses were bloody awful. Having said that, he still works well with Mackie but as other people in the crowd said: "If it was a good side and he couldn't the one chance he got, then we would be in trouble". We still need one or two strikers (the latest rumours in the pub talk about Varney and Kitson (I'm still crossing my fingers for Torres and Rooney to see the light) to provide cover.

against a good side those misses could be the difference between a win or not.
    he does the fundamental things so well, he just misses sitters so often its scary.
    not moaning too much tho, hes scored 2 in 3 (one a cracker) and is working harder than he ever has in hoops.
    Last edited by Guest; 21-08-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Agree Fergie, Could have been loads more had it not been for their goalie.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
      X