No announcement yet.

Could this be the ex-England striker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be the ex-England striker...

Foxes linked with Heskey

Leicester have refused to rule out launching a sensational bid to lure Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey to the club.

The Foxes were taken over by Thai businessman Vichal Raksriaksorn last week and he is believed to be keen to fund a promotion push from the Championship.

Heskey is said to be the target of the new owner, who has made a reported £10million available to manager Paulo Sousa to splash out on a high-profile signing.

Heskey's arrival would smash the current wage structure in place at the Walkers Stadium, however assistant manager Bruno Oliveira said a move wasn't out of the question.

In the week Manchester City star Craig Bellamy joined second tier rivals Cardiff on loan, Sousa's No.2 believes a move for the former England striker would send a message of intent.

Oliveira told The Sun: "It would make a big impact.

"Craig Bellamy was an opportunity that Dave Jones took."

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    Foxes linked with Heskey

Leicester have refused to rule out launching a sensational bid to lure Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey to the club.
    "

He's a Leicester old boy isnt he, was there under Martin O neil.

Plus he would be injured a lot I imagine.

Signing Heskey wouldnt be that much of a coup for Leicester.

He would fit into the Warnock system well though.

Would be on a fair old chunk of £££'s too.

Would rather sign Roberts and Diomansy Kamara from Fulham. Any day.
    R T I D :yush:

Comment

They can have him, he's a donkey and would still get shown up at this level.

Comment

Morris he is much better than any of our strikers fact!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Probably, but that isn't really saying alot.

Id rather Roberts.

Comment

AJ
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

I think we got a chance of signing him, Warnock could persuade Jesus to make a come back if he wanted to!!

Comment

I have watched him many times playing for England and apart from the World Cup when no one had a decent touramount he is actually a very decent player who holds the ball up very well and is a constant pest throughout a game

Seriously he is very well thought of by the majority of England fans though is not considered as a striker as such when he plays and more of someone who will make chances happen

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                  I have watched him many times playing for England and apart from the World Cup when no one had a decent touramount he is actually a very decent player who holds the ball up very well and is a constant pest throughout a game

Seriously he is very well thought of by the majority of England fans though is not considered as a striker as such when he plays and more of someone who will make chances happen

Very Furlongesque is Heskey in holding up play and bringing others into play. we`ve missed that. Though Gallen was exceptional doing that as well. Though Furs was more capable in front of goal, with respect to heskey.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                    AJ
                    Yeah right.

More chance of re-signing Richard Johnson than getting Andy Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                      They can have him, he's a donkey and would still get shown up at this level.
                      I think he'd be outstanding at this level, absolute human battering ram up front.

The only people who will be getting shown up would be the defenders marking him and off course critics like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        I think he'd be outstanding at this level, absolute human battering ram up front.

The only people who will be getting shown up would be the defenders marking him and off course critics like yourself.
                        We might just find out which one of us is right.

Comment

A striker that never scores - ideal for Paulo Sousa I'd have thought!

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

Lost count the amount of times he took yet another hoofed ball down, looked up to pass and found no one supporting him for miles. He's not an international class striker but he was far from the worst offender in an England shirt this summer.

Probably be quite good in this league - especially with Warnock boosting his confidence - but if Leicester are in for him he will go back home there like Bellamy did.

Comment

Originally posted by W6hoops View Post
                              I think we got a chance of signing him, Warnock could persuade Jesus to make a come back if he wanted to!!

That was a good one.:pleasantsuprise::pleasantsuprise:
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X