Time for a straightner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a straightner

Ok yesterday saw some people (myself included) get on their high horse and have a right old moan about this ITK nonsense. Thinking about it, no-one puts a gun to my head and makes me come onto this site, i come on here because i enjoy the QPR talk and if im being honest i like to know what the gossip is regarding transfer's etc.
    I remember when my mate, who is related to a player, rang me and told me that the Bradley Orr deal was still a posibilty, despite what we had read in the press. I came straight on here, not to act like i was ITK but because i genuinly wanted to share the news with fellow R's, and i appreciate that people like Bennyboy dont come here day in day out with 'inside info' and try and act like their are well in with people inside the club, they do it because they want to share their news.
    So lets wipe the slate clean and move on. I mean is anyone REALLY that bothered that we aint gonna shell out 3m on John bloody Walters? Im not because if Mr Mittal rang me and said 'Dave, here is 3m , go and spend it on players you think will benefit the team', i reckon id do a lot better than spunk it on 1 player.
    Onwards and Upwards and heres hoping for 3 massive points on saturday.
    UR'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Good post! Moon and Benny were excited and shared the news with good intent amongst rs fans!

Only thing is aparently nw is gutted , this is the man he wanted all summer! So he has waited patiently now be interesting to see his back up plan!

You rssssssssssss

Comment

good post, but i give it 2 or 3 days before good old negativity starts to set in again because we havent bought a player yet.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        good post, but i give it 2 or 3 days before good old negativity starts to set in again because we havent bought a player yet.
        I know, im already half way through a 'FFS its nearly the end of August' thread!!

Comment

Good post Dave, shame there are those who post on here who don't share your outlook. As for me I thought 3m odd was a tad high for Walters however as NW wanted him that was fine by me. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely optimistic going to Loftus Road but I am this season. We look good so far add a decent striker, and I'm sure NW will do that, and we will be a match for anyone in this league!
          As you say, onwards and upwards You Rrrrrrrrrrs
          Last edited by robloft; 19-08-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            7 goals in two games is hardly a crisis like the previous seasons. The start we have had will entice a top striker who are ****y by nature as they will want some of the action.

Comment

If I hear something I'm gonna post it, not bothered what people say cos probaly don't know 98% of the people on here anyway

Comment

Originally posted by robloft View Post
                Good post Ade[/B]
                Im not Ade mate

Comment

The thing that gets me is nw has gone on record time and time again saying we need strikers! So it's not as if he is ignoring the problem, just waiting for the right one!!

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
                    If I hear something I'm gonna post it, not bothered what people say cos probaly don't know 98% of the people on here anyway
                    Go for it mate

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as 'excited' to post the news

Good post though. If my mate tells me something, I can't help but post it. It's not like I'm making it up for my own amusement. I hear other rumours all the time which I don't bother posting as I don't consider them trusted info. I only post rumours which a certain mate tells me, and they've all had substance, other than the Lee Hughes one so far.
                      Your mum would love me...

Comment

I thought walters was brought in as winger and striker, so now he's saying he needs 2 players to rather than one. This for me doesn't change the fact that he also had 1 or 2 strikers in mind. So does that now mean 4 players? Very strange move for stoke though, I mean is he clearly better than what they have?

Comment

Exactly I don't know you benny but I do know moon and I doubt you're thinking how can I make friends , I'm gonna make up a story, I think it was w12 that said something like people want to be first with a big scoop, as if people will give it the big one about an Internet site.

Some people do have lives! Saturday is massive. I'm a bit nervous

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                            Im not Ade mate
                            Sorry Dave, misread the name !

Comment

[QUOTE=James1979;430151]I thought walters was brought in as winger and striker, so now he's saying he needs 2 players to rather than one. This for me doesn't change the fact that he also had 1 or 2 strikers in mind. So does that now mean 4 players? Very strange move for stoke though, I mean is he clearly better than what they have?[/QUOTE]

if he is, stoke are in trouble. good player, but prem class? i dont think so.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2