No announcement yet.

Why doesnt warnock give us a wave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly song. Done by bored people. And northerners. Manx in particular. And other muppets.

Comment

Bramall Lane is the last place he would want to disrespect the fans,seeing as he is a born and bred Blades fan.

Comment

Sorry - suddenly realised this might have seemed a pop. Wasn't meant as one. I didn't mean you (or the others on it on Saturday) Spaghetti. I've just never liked it. It reminds me of bored fans locked in on awaydays in ends with no beer who're forced to watch the warm up and sing this player-by-player to kill time.

Comment

lol no worries, afew rrrrs to my right started singing it and id had afew and we were 3 up so i joined in! i wasnt singing it because i was bored!!

Comment

Spaghoops - thanks. Your question was a valid one (i.e. about Warnock's stance with previous employers) so I might have been clearer : I understand why he refrains from getting partisan when he is in a ground with a previous employer. I don't agree with it. It was pretty embarrassing for the Rangers at Selhurst last year with people singing this again and again to nada reaction.

Comment

although i understand what your saying, last year at palace was in my eyes slightly different. Warnock had just left palace with a huge grey cloud over everything and to 'wave' when palace where in that much trouble would of only made things worse for warnocks relationship with the palace fans. Where as sheffield utd was a while ago now, oh well warnock can do as he pleases as long as we keep winning!

Was nice to see paddy kenny building a good relationship with us anyways

Comment

Guess the lesson is probably not to ask him to show an obvious preference. He clearly won't. I don't agree with that but there you are. I have watched countless ex-Rangers managers do it at their new employers over the years and I (personally) expect that their allegiance changes. Worst of all worlds is to ask via chant and be rebuked which is what Warnock does. I don't like the chant anyway but it is clearly not going to get a reaction from him at Palace, Sheef U , Shrews etc. So be it.

Comment

Totally understandable in my opinion.

Comment

Hate the whole gissa wave thing. I was at some game years ago and it was chanted about half-a-dozen times in 10 mins. Manager duly waved (think it was Olly) each time but it was exceedingly tiresome.
                    It's all too weird, childish and needy for me.

Comment

I'd rather he spent his time concentrating on the game than giving us a wave every 5 minutes, it would show his mind is not on the game.
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

fu ck the wave why doesn't warnock sign a centre forward, not an attacking mid?
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

He's getting ready for our first loss in the league.

Comment

I think it's because he's got hands like Jeremy Beadle's.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              He's getting ready for our first loss in the league.
                              no-one knows when that might be

Comment

Working...
                              X