Mackie v Routledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie v Routledge

Is it just me or do you think Mackie is a better player?
    watching Newcastle monday night Routledge would kick the ball 20 or so
    yards in front of him and then try and catch up with it!!
    Mackie also seems to have more of a goal threat and a much
    better work rate.
    Also guys lighten up BUZZ is better than Walters and we allready
    have him!!
    3 mill to spend elsewhere
    COME ON U R'S

Routledge was playing Man Utd, hard to look good against them. Awful comparison

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_matt View Post
      Routledge was playing Man Utd, hard to look good against them. Awful comparison
      Comparing when he was at rangers!

Comment

I know I am probably in the minority but I didn't rate Routledge, his crossing was generally poor and overhit and he very rarely got to the line and cut it back. Mackie is a different type of player though, he isn't an out and out winger but a wide support striker and so far is playing that role very well.
        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Routledge always seemed to flatter to decieve, i think (did'nt think i would) we're a far better and more complete squad this season, yes i know it's only been 2 league games but all us on here have seen enough football to know when something is right, the squad morale appears very strong and that has always been the basis of solid challenge/ i really do feel this will be our season and god knows we#re overdue

Comment

Routledge didnt always play wide for us,
            I just think Mackie has that something extra about him!
            Last edited by Gav maguire; 18-08-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Routledge is out of his depth in the Prem.
              1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Talent vs Heart

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                  Talent vs Heart

Comment

mackie pees all over routledge from a great height.
                    one loves playing and looks like he would pay for free, the other one is a big time charlie spuds who thinks hes lionel messi when all he is really is just very messy.

Comment

Mackie has a better work ethic.. both would be found out at prem. knew that way before routledge joined newcastle.

routledge however is a quality player at this level. id have him in our team with mackie
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Routledge was pretty awesome for us at the beginning of last season. But as said above, mackie's passion when chips are down will mean he makes a bigger difference for us this season in my opinion

Comment

Rather Routledge but Mackie plays with more heart i reckon

Comment

I always felt that Routledge could be very good at times, but too inconsistent and would drift in and out of games -- or sometimes not show up at all.
                            When he first joined and we beat Derby up there (not last season, but the season before), I thought he could get us promoted single-handed.
                            But that game was not typical of his performances.
                            Am far more impressed with Mackie's attitude and persistence.
                            Last edited by swanleyhoop; 19-08-2010, 12:26 AM. Reason: No full stop!!!
                            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Routledge is definitely the better player IMO....wish we still had him!

Comment

Working...
                              X