I Love A Good Stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love A Good Stat

How long ago were the majority of you (I say you because I was never bothered if we signed him or not) were dying for us to sign Darren Ambrose?

Before he joined Palace he had scored 7 goals in 66 matches before being managed by Neil Warnock - that's a goal every 563 minutes. Last season under Warnock he played 2622 minutes and scored 12 goals or one every 218.5 minutes.

Now the reason for this post is that people are using stats to say Walters is a bad player. He like, Ambrose is 26. They both play the right hand role or the Ephraim role and to date Walters has scored more goals at this level but unlike Ambrose he has never been managed by Warnock.

I love stats but they have to be put in the right context for them to be used fairly. Similar age, similar playing position but Walters has scored more and who knows if Warnock can change Ambrose into a goal scorer then maybe he'll do the same to Walters.

I love your stats and changes the way in which some of us think.

Comment

Good post as usual, Sir Pie.

Personally never wanted Ambrose either, so good to see that we might get much better than him.

Still struggling to come to terms with the logic that you would turn down a Neil Warnock led QPR, to stay at Palace.

Comment

I've got a stat Ambrose cost nothing

Comment

Would think Mackie is slightly more danger, Hogan has been playing left
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
            That stat should read 750k?

Comment

True Warnock picked him up on a free compared with whatever we are paying for Walters but Warnock has repeatedly said then he is working within a set budget so as long as has kept to this then it doesn't matter because the clubs financial position is therefore not at risk.

Comment

I think money is immaterial now on our gates. It's the billionaires coming out to play.

Comment

Working...
                X