Walters having a medical now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Oh ok I actually see where your coming from now w12.

I do agree that 3.2 does sound alot and that money should be spent on a centre forward if not more for it all to make sense.

Saying all that everyone thought we was going to pay 2.5 + for adel and we spent 600k so I wouldn't read to much into this 3,2 figure mate.
    For some reason I think this rumour has legs, I very rarely react to any transfer speculation on here so this is a rarity for me to respond like this.

I don't mind spending £3.2 million on Walters, provided there is another £6.8 million set aside for another couple of centre fowards.

Everything is relative.

Comment

Is it £3.2m or could it be a deal worth £3.2m just like Faurlin?

My only worry about £3.2m is what it gives to Ipswich to spend. The deal for Jason Scotland is reportedly £750k. McCormack won't be too much more than that so immediately those deals would be paid for with probably even more to spend.

A couple of seasons ago Coyle sold Laffety to Rangers and with the money brought in Paterson, Eagles and Thompson for less than the money they received from Rangers. The key difference in that deal is that Rangers weren't a rival whereas Ipswich are and we could effectively be giving Ipswich the opportunity to sign good quality players they might not have done if it weren't for the money they will receive from us. Of course if he went to Stoke or WBA it would make no difference as they would still have the money to spend but they could sell one player and buy three or four and go from ordinary to contenders as a result.

Comment

I keep saying and I'll say again , we WONT be spending 3.2 million on anybody. If anything it will be painted like the Faurlin deal.
        If we go up, if we stay up, once he's played 50 games, once he's scored 25 goals...

Our board dont do up front big money.

Comment

the most he has scored in one season is 13. Thats not really worth paying £3.2 million for is it? Unless he`s bought to understudy our REAL striker. I trust warnock ,but surely it is a wind up

Comment

3.2 m ??

Comment

do you think roy keane might walk out on ipswich in disgust over the club selling this player?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                Is it £3.2m or could it be a deal worth £3.2m just like Faurlin?

I've a feeling the fee would be £3.2 million, hence my colourful reaction this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  For some reason I think this rumour has legs, I very rarely react to any transfer speculation on here so this is a rarity for me to respond like this.

I don't mind spending £3.2 million on Walters, provided there is another £6.8 million set aside for another couple of centre fowards.

Everything is relative.
                  Yeah I too will go along with all that.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Mittal spends more on his sandwhich fillings.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

• really and I thought waitrose sandwich filling was expensive?
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• He shops in Harrods, dont ya know.
                        They seek him here.................

Comment

• Walters is not an out and out striker. Certainly an attacking player but more as midfielder than striker.

We are going to have a hell of a midfield at this rate particularly once Rowlands, Buzz and Cookie are back in contention. Couple of strikers wouldn't go amiss but could be a very good season.

Comment

• Jesus. Roy Keane says 3 million and you believe him? The man with more credibility than Mother Teresa? He has alienated their best player/captain. How would you feel if it happened to us and then it was revealed he's going for a million? The fee will be undisclosed and we'll never know but I bet the initial fee is a million tops

As for the player himself I don't know a great deal about Walters but if Warnock thinks he's the right signing it's good enough for me

U RRRRR'S

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Walters is not an out and out striker. Certainly an attacking player but more as midfielder than striker.

We are going to have a hell of a midfield at this rate particularly once Rowlands, Buzz and Cookie are back in contention. Couple of strikers wouldn't go amiss but could be a very good season.
                              Not gonna happen

Comment

• Walters can play on the wing or as a forward he is very fast and a big guy too £3.2million is about £1million over priced i would say.

I do remember a couple of seasons ago he tore us apart at portman road, I would guess he will take the place of HH giving us one hell of a fast front line and a bit of much needed height.

In warnock I trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X