No announcement yet.

Walters having a medical now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did £3.2m became a fact just because some poster received a text...? 99 out of 100 stories like this one has turned out to be nothing.

Comment

Id rather it be 3.2 mill than the 4 mill the newspaper suggested

Comment

Yeah we need to trust Warnock.

I think its a big plus that Neil has many championship years of experience and he will know just what walters offers this QPR team. I agree a centre forward SHOULD be the priority but if we sign walters plus kitson/roberts then I will be very happy. 2 of those 3 players will drastically improve our promotion credentials.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          Pete...Please can you alter the title as I've p**sed up Walters name...
          Done.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            £3.2 million????

Don't want to write the lad of at all but £3.2 million (if true), I'm expecting no less than 20 league goals of him this season.
            Uh oh..

Not singling you out here.. but I hope Walters won't turn into a signing where if he doesn't score in his first 3 or so games, fans will start to get on his back.

Also can't see us paying £3.2mil for a player "up front". Hope there are various clauses etccc involved.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              If this is true I absolutely mortified about the money we are spending on this player.....we could have just offered £3 million for Gary Hooper.
              That's my way of thinking as well but I don't know enough of Walters... is he really worth 3.2m?

If this don't work out would we get that back?

Comment

no way are we paying anything like that,complete ********,expect about 1 million to be the fee,BUT happy he is coming,if true,a good player,but ONCE AGAIN not a striker.

Comment

I think this is a quality signing if it happens. It's irrelevant who we already have in his position - I think he's that good.

Need someone to "challenge" Helguson at centre forward still.

Comment

Signing for QPR? Gotta be a joke. He`s Never done anything worth noting with any other club. Only a Npower Championship squad player at best. Very Dissapointed to be honest. A lot better out there

Comment

In warnock we trust!

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
                        Uh oh..

Not singling you out here.. but I hope Walters won't turn into a signing where if he doesn't score in his first 3 or so games, fans will start to get on his back.

Also can't see us paying £3.2mil for a player "up front". Hope there are various clauses etccc involved.
                        He's a striker and at this level that sort of money should guarantee you 20 goals, if true my reaction is to the reported transfer fee not the players talents.

Why shouldn't fans be expectant we've waited long enough to sign someone to put the ball in the back of the net. I'm not stupid I know Walters is a decent player, but lets be fair he has barely raised and eyebrow amongst most supporters at this level. Its all ifs and buts at present, but lets say this does happen then I'd be expecting an even bigger outlay than this reported £3.2 million fee on a proper centre forward.

Comment

Originally posted by kingsleyloftus View Post
                          Do you really believe chopra is worth 40k a week? I dont
                          No - he's not. So it's a good job that wasn't anywhere near what he was asking for or anywhere near what he's currently on.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            The thing more annoying about this transfer is the number of you looking for a negative. Be happy for f**k sake. We're showing intent by spending, yet you're not happy?

He's still looking at Roberts too, plus even Kitson (not from my mate by the way...Just more rumours) so how's this a bad thing?

Walters is a quality player, so give it a chance before moaning, please.
                            He's an absolute top player, this is starting to look really good!!

Comment

Originally posted by hermitage10 View Post
                              He is a very good player at this level, I like him. Impressive in the air and has played out wide for Ipswich a fair bit. Seems a lot of money but warnock has never been stupid with money, he knows wot he is doing
                              This is the very reason why I'm talking a back seat, Neil knows what he is doing plus he don't like to over spend.

I'm just puzzled by the 3.2m, we've never spent that kind of money before and I don't want it to go wrong and then not able to get our money back if it did, not saying it will, just trying to play it safe for our club.

Comment

Oh ok I actually see where your coming from now w12.

I do agree that 3.2 does sound alot and that money should be spent on a centre forward if not more for it all to make sense.

Saying all that everyone thought we was going to pay 2.5 + for adel and we spent 600k so I wouldn't read to much into this 3,2 figure mate.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X