Walters having a medical now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One word springs to mind FICKLE.

What makes you clowns think Chopra and co would want to come to us?

I feel sorry for the striker we do sign no doubt you clowns wont be happy who ever it maybe

Comment

i aint slagging the signing, i dont know nothing about the player.
      but paying a hell of a lot of money for a man whos been told to do one and never ever come back to his club, does suprise and astound me at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        And you know that we're not looking for 1 or two goal scorers to add to this, do you?

Same story with us...We moan before things are finished. You were all about to cut your wrists the other day because you thought Adel fell through. We signed him. You all moan as we don't spend...We have, yet you still can't hold your tongues. If we've signed Adel, plus Walters, then it shows NW is sticking to his word, and that we should expect at least one more forward in. Someone like Roberts or kitson who'll score plenty with those two either side of him, and Adel behind.

F**k me...I'll keep my mouth shut in future.
        If it was Kitson you wouldn't have single poster on here complaining but its not its Jon Walters a player who is probably worth £1 million tops. Its a waste of money if this transfer happens and given we don't spend it normally, fans have every right to feel pissed off.

We need a proven goal scorer that's the bottom line, we are to use to be let down though. It would be typical for us to blow all our transfer budget on a player like this and then struggle to get anyone else in.

If this happens then Walters will be our 9th signing this summer, our first signing should have been a proven goal scoring centre forward and by the sound of it we are still gonna be waiting.
        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 17-08-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          If it was Kitson you wouldn't have single poster on here complaining but its not its Jon Walters a player who is probably worth £1 million tops. Its a waste of money if this transfer happens and given we don't spend it normally, fans have every right to feel pissed off.

We need a proven goal scorer that's the bottom line, we are to use to be let down though. It would be typical for us to blow all our transfer budget on a player like this and then struggle to get anyone else in.
          I do see your point and I am a little concerned because I don't know anything of Walters however surely its down to Neil Warnock to decide whether he feels that he is worth the 3.2m. If he is the difference and helps get us promoted then that is peanuts. If we sign kitson/roberts as well then we will surely have a very strong squad.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            And you know that we're not looking for 1 or two goal scorers to add to this, do you?

Same story with us...We moan before things are finished. You were all about to cut your wrists the other day because you thought Adel fell through. We signed him. You all moan as we don't spend...We have, yet you still can't hold your tongues. If we've signed Adel, plus Walters, then it shows NW is sticking to his word, and that we should expect at least one more forward in. Someone like Roberts or kitson who'll score plenty with those two either side of him, and Adel behind.

F**k me...I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

Agree with the sentiments Benny.

I think perhaps the price may be a mis-print though. Unless of course it includes his wages for 5 years, his children's school fees and a house.

Comment

Originally posted by kingsleyloftus View Post
              One word springs to mind FICKLE.

What makes you clowns think Chopra and co would want to come to us?

I feel sorry for the striker we do sign no doubt you clowns wont be happy who ever it maybe
              Chopra has indicated a couple of times he would be interested in talking to us. Once when at Sunderland and once this summer.

Apologies for not blithely accepting your rose tinted world view.

Come on. £3.2m for a "striker" whose rate in 1:6, with no Premier League experience?

Walters would be a decent (nothing more) signing at under £1m. Anything else is madness.

Comment

I think what a lot of us are questioning is not the player, but the amount being paid for what is not necessarily a priority position.
                If NW thinks he can play him up front and get 20 goals a season out of him, fine.
                But that amount on a midfielder, given that we have rather a lot of those (including Rowly, Cook and Buzz on their way back) is a bit baffling.

People have talked about strength in depth, but Walters isn't going to be our "in-depth" bench player for that amount -- so who will make way???
                Whoever it is, they don't deserve to be dropped!!!
                I don't think people are criticising, merely questioning the rationale behind this.
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Kitsons stats for last two years:

50 games played - 8 goals

a goal every 6 games

PROLIFIC

Comment

maybe this is a 3m deal similar to the faurlin deal

Comment

Originally posted by kingsleyloftus View Post
                      Kitsons stats for last two years:

50 games played - 8 goals

a goal every 6 games

PROLIFIC
                      Run a poll then see who fans would believe would be more prolific at this level, it would be a landslide.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                        Chopra has indicated a couple of times he would be interested in talking to us. Once when at Sunderland and once this summer.

Apologies for not blithely accepting your rose tinted world view.

Come on. £3.2m for a "striker" whose rate in 1:6, with no Premier League experience?

Walters would be a decent (nothing more) signing at under £1m. Anything else is madness.
                        Do you really believe chopra is worth 40k a week? I dont

Comment

It probably wont happen anyway so all this speculation is just that....speculation.
                          rangers 'till I die!!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            Run a poll then see who fans would believe would be more prolific at this level, it would be a landslide.
                            Stats dont lie my friend.

Plus running a poll between walters and kitson is like doing a poll between Drogba and Kalou totally different players

Comment

He is a very good player at this level, I like him. Impressive in the air and has played out wide for Ipswich a fair bit. Seems a lot of money but warnock has never been stupid with money, he knows wot he is doing
                              CHAMPIONS
                              Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Surely the sum mentioned must be with add-ons IF we go up, otherwise i´m quite baffled.

Comment

Working...
                                X